Worsening of Tinnitus After Lumbar Puncture

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gstar2020, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Gstar2020

Gstar2020 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all,

I had a lumbar puncture done last week but have had really bad worsening of tinnitus ever since. It’s even louder than before and the tones are now mixed and keep changing.

I’m concerned that this huge spike is now permanent and I can honestly say that I regret having the lumbar puncture done .

Have any of you had this happen after a lumbar puncture and if so, does the tinnitus ever calm back down again?

I’ve read the tinnitus worsening can be down to the puncture site leaking but I’m wondering if the tinnitus will fade when the puncture site heals itself.

Please advise because I’m struggling with this loud racket :-(

Regards

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      May I ask why you had the lumbar puncture in the 1st place?

If it were leaking, you would know because you would have a post dural headache, which is often better when laying flat.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gstar2020

Gstar2020 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

I had the lumbar puncture done as I’ve been suffering from pulsatile tinnitus and regular tinnitus for months and it was suspected I had a raised ICP level. I regret having it done now as I feel worse than I did before.

The tinnitus is louder and more invasive and my head feels like it has pressure which I didn’t really have before.

I’m hoping it settles back down again soon but I’m worried it won’t:-(

Regards.