Would You Go to a Dentist If You Thought Your Tinnitus Was Somehow Caused by Fillings??

Discussion in 'Support' started by terry b, Mar 31, 2016.

1. terry b

terry b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      counting the years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It happened
      October I had ringing in my right ear.... don't ask me why or how but in November I placed the back of my iPhone against my ear to try to snap ear drum and created a series of noises when pulled away. Noises sound kind of electronically chirp style.

It gets crazier .. one night filled the sink to top with warm water, then placed my right ear in the water to listen to see if the noise would still happen underwater... first time nothing heard noise .... did it again and a new noise started there and then ....

Same night I bit into tin foil -- first time nothing happened .. simply got the pain you get .. second time did it a noise occurred similar to the noise that happened with head in water...

Simply because this happened I'm not sure can never say I'm sure but I keep thinking the fillings playing a part .... mainly because of the noise created when I but into tin foil..

Then the sticking point - nothing is ever easy...... going the dentist is fine and dandy but the worry is the drill ...... and thats whats stopping me at least trying something which may may not stop it

What would you do?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      If you need the dentist then it's best to go.
      If you want to use ear plugs when going their is no need .
      Try this experiment- flick your tea th and you will hear it louder and that sounds the same with plugs in....amplified.

Having your mouth open extra wide f o r treatment can put pressure on your jaw joint and inflame it causing a Tinnitus spike but will settle down again.

Keep your ears safe from your little experiments as hate for one cause more problems.....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      terry b

terry b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      counting the years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It happened
      Thanks Glynis ... its not that I need the dentist its just what happened that lingers and makes me think if I didn't have fillings a) would I be in my situ and b) the two new noises created one from biting on tinfoil (it almost feels imaginary!!)

Its the drill I fear making matters much worse

4. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      What if you stick your head in the water , while biting on tinfoil that is wrapped around your Iphone ?

:)