Zeroing in on your Tinnitus Frequency (or Frequencies)

Discussion in 'Support' started by TwinGlocks, May 18, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. TwinGlocks

TwinGlocks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/20/2013
      We know that sound therapies like notching music/white noise and ACRM depend on pinpointing one's T frequency and we know for many people, this is difficult. Does anyone actually have pure-tone T that can be matched to a single frequency? I have strong reason to believe I have multi-frequency T for which I was never able to match to a single frequency. But when I used to tuner at the audionotch website and selected the BB noise option, I discovered that it was a MUCH stronger match for my T sound. I couldn't match the sound exactly, but it was pretty close around the 10K to 11K range.

I'm curious to know if there are any efforts or research going on to help address this common problem amongst T sufferers. I'm wondering why anyone would have a single frequency as their T sound. I would think most people would have some sort of multi-frequency T.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

• Like Like x 1