Anyone Else Notice This in Movies?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I've just finished watching Dallas Buyers Club and f*ck me! What is with movies now putting all types to tinnitus pitches and sound through them?

Several times I had to plug my ears because of the loud high pitches in parts of it, so now I'm so focused on my T it's not funny :( and it's not just this movie - it's in several I've seen lately... Like it's the new sound effect.

Driving me nuts! Anyone else notice this?

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I think the guy in that movie actually had T, so that justifies the sound effect imho. Not generally of course.

3. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I notice it all the time in films, games or tv. I either have to ask my girlfriend if she can hear it or pause the tv. I always worry i have a new tinnitus sound lol.
      I don't panic so much anymore. But i still get tricked from time to time. And i certainly remember it in Dallas buyers club.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Glad I'm not the only one noticing it. I remember it in Thor too. Drives me nuts!

5. Crazy story
      My first encounter of my T setting in was when I was watching the movie Gravity....anyways so the opening scene there is an instance of the T sound and it bothered me for some reason..then I kid you not, a minute later after straining my neck to check the time in my kitchen I got super loud T ( it faded within 2 mins) I then panicked and ran to the bathroom. Within a week I had fullblown T and H.

I will always remember that moment and that movie.

• Hug Hug x 2