Do I Have ETD (Eustachian Tube Dysfunction)?

Discussion in 'Support' started by r_ve, May 14, 2015.

1. r_ve

r_ve Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      New Years Eve
      Hello out there,

the last few days, Im kind of keen to find an exact reason for the ringing in my ears. Ive got my T for 4.5 months now, its not very loud, but the volume is very incosistent. In the morning it usually is the worst and in the evening it (sometimes) gets better to the point where Im hardly hearing it if its not totally silent around.

I have read about ETD and how it may cause tinnitus. I always thought my T would be because of loud noise exposure and exploding firecrackers. However there were a few more symptoms that I wasnt able to explain until I found about ETD and Im not quite sure if the symptoms fit for me:

1) Since my T I can clearly hear my ears pop when I yawn or swallow, the "popping" usually is different in both ears, weaker in one.

2) Sometimes one of my ears is blocked and I cant let it "pop"

3) Sometimes one of my ears feels "full inside" like there is something in it.

4) The sound in my right ear seems to be SLIGHTLY duller, this may be my own imagination though, too.

5) When I pinch my nose and blow, my right ear is almost always blocked and it feels like there is something in my ear.

6) The sound of my tinnitus changes, it doesnt seem to be affected by stress, but alcohol or energy drinks make it go up like crazy. Also, my ears are quite sensitive to loud music as the T gets louder after listening to even average loud music.

The problem is, that Ive got all this after a New Years Eve party (I had a cold by that time by the way). Can loud noise really cause ETD? Do these symptoms sound like ETD to you?

Please help, I appreciate any answer really.

Best greetings! :)

2. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      If sounds are more sensitive and feel amolified you might also have hyperacusis...and pressure in ears is what t is all about in most casses.. I get that too and the popping non stop all day my doc said i had sinusitis but idk about that one.. Its all connected to the t...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      r_ve

r_ve Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      New Years Eve
      Thanks for your response :)

Nah, sounds are still normal to me, it just feels like my T gets louder for a few seconds/minutes after loud noise (especially music), it doesnt even have to be that loud.

Really? But my pressure is mostly just in one year is that normal, too? :/

4. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Really? But my pressure is mostly just in one year is that normal, too? :/[/QUOTE]
      Then u might have reactive t its when it reacts to louder noises... It sucks i also have it...
      yeah im pretty sure it is. T works in mysterious ways. and u might have reactive T i also have this and it sucks..do u get these everyday?