Krill Oil for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Sailor101, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Sailor101

Sailor101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
    2. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      It sure can't hurt you. It has a lot if benefits. I'm reading some info on how oils are very beneficial to brain health and helping it heal many illnesses which hopefully benefits T healing.

3. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I'm starting a course of fish oils. I remember seeing a doco where they dropped the oil into brain cells and the cells went nuts growing!
      Can't hurt!

4. Muffet

Muffet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      not sure
      I just ordered some black cumin seed oil. Organic in glass bottle. Will let you know how it goes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Make sure the oil(fish oil or krill oil) has a high DHA content which is the main component for brain repair.

High dose quality fish oil, D3, multivitamin, B6 and B12, turmeric capsules, magnesium with calcium, green tea extract, blueberry extract, loads of antioxidants are all ultimate brain foods and some even restore damaged neurons I have read

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I've taken krill oil (actually still take). No effect on my tinnitus.

7. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I just use cod liver oil...Krill oil is just way too expensive.

8. Hottopic29

Hottopic29 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Zithromycin acoustic trauma 2022
      I seen that at Costco , was thinking of trying it but I remember fish oil gave me insomnia lol,

9. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      An overabundance of calcium may not be beneficial at all for tinnitus.

10. DavetheAce
      Breezy

DavetheAce Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      showering using local water supply
      I don't think tinnitus has anything to do with the brain ... or the other way round.
      I've been taking cod liver oil or Omega 3 oil for many, many years, before and during my last 8 years of tinnitus. I don't believe that it has had any beneficial effect on my T.

11. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Although I still recommend both fish oil and cod liver oil in some cases, I believe krill oil is an EVEN BETTER option for most people, for several reasons. Personally, I take krill oil every day. I particularly appreciate the fact that the omega-3 is attached to phospholipids that dramatically increase its absorption, especially into brain tissue.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...l-Nutritional-Supplements/zgbs/hpc/6943347011

Antioxidants are your body's primary way to neutralize free radicals -- those harmful metabolic byproducts that damage cells and tissues throughout your body.

Scientific evidence has repeatedly demonstrated that antioxidants are a cornerstone in the promotion of heart health, boosting your immune system, and memory support. They also appear to play a role in helping to slow your signs of aging.

Although many foods contain antioxidants, today's poor-quality diets are nearly always insufficient in the full range of these beneficial free radical scavengers.

So when you consider that the antioxidant potency of krill oil is 48 times more potent than fish oil, well… choosing between the two is easy.

If you’re still not convinced of the antioxidant powers to krill oil, independent ORAC evaluations have also established that genuine krill oil contains:

• Over 300 times the antioxidant power of vitamin A and vitamin E
      • Over 47 times the antioxidant power of lutein
      • Over 34 times the antioxidant power of coenzyme Q-10

Pretty impressive, wouldn’t you say?

To top it all off, krill oil also contains astaxanthin – a unique marine-source flavonoid – that creates a special bond with the EPA and DHA, which allows direct metabolism of the antioxidants, making them more bioavailable.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      So if you take trobalt, I'd recommend this.

13. canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      Krill oil has astaxanthin in it, but I have been taking it for years and it does nothing for my tinnitus.

14. Moe
      Amazed

Moe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      i tried it recently and it works very well , i have ETD and tinnitius as a result. I hear the sound of star wars lightsaber, the Krill oil does help and its almost gone. But when i stop krill oil it comes back gain.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Jeffrey F
      Dreaming

Jeffrey F Member

Really moe? thats great to hear man. have you tried fish oil in the past and, if so, did it have the same effect? The reason I ask is because I take fish oil daily but would be willing to switch to krill oil if it had a chance at helping tinnitus (as I do not feel that fish oil helps my tinnitus)