Say Boo to Your Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by epin3m, Feb 1, 2014.

1. epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I do not think I am a 100 pc success story yet but I am on the way.

In two days I will be 4 months with tinnitus and I feel good, nothing to worry about.

My T is loud, I can hear it almost every time but I don´t care. There are more things in my life than a stupid noise I cannot do anything about. Do not get me wrong, I would like no having Tinnitus... but I do not even feel like hating it because that is emotionally reacting to it and that is coping. I do not even feel like coping with tinnitus, there is no point on doing that.

Why should I cope with something I cannot control. As Dr. Nagler says: I do not cope with my pants, why should I cope with my tinnitus then?

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I feel good to cheer up those who are doing badly.

• Like Like x 6
      • Winner Winner x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Hi Epin, are you in Portugal now ... i'm still in your Country ...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hi CArol, yes I moved to Lisbon and it is helping me a lot. Much better than in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
    4. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      How did your T cope with the long flight ...

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I did not wear earplugs. My ears were screaming afterwards but came back to normal after a few hours. I was terrified then but I think that if had to take a plane now I won´t be scared.

• Like Like x 1
    6. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Oh dear, i'm flying in a months time, just a short flight Spain to UK ... i'm dreading it ...

7. EdnaLegume
      Cheeky

EdnaLegume Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1999

Awesome post! Thank you for sharing this!

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Are you sleeping well??

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Carol, no need to be scared. Just realize that you will not be able to avoid flying all your life. In this world you have to fly. So relax and take it easy. Think that you are not unique. Millions of people have T and they continue living their lives. I just recommend you wearing earplugs for safety.

Denny, I have been sleeping perfectly for the last 2 months. Every single night I sleep for 8 hours and you know what, I do not use masking sounds. I listen to my head and naturally fall asleep. I do not know how I make it because my head rings badly in quiet places. But then I suddenly fall asleep.

You are welcome Edna.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Garden Ring
      Mellow

Garden Ring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      That's purely awesome, man.
      Thank you for your post, and good luck!

11. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      This is a blessing to get a eight hours of undisturbed sleep without masking or
      using medications?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I think it is. Sleeping it is the most important think because if you dont sleep well then you are tired the rest of your day and reminds you of Tinnitus. Then you start that endless vicious circle.

I am going to fall asleep now. As I told you, my head is ringing but I will fall asleep just relaxing.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    13. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Killer post epin3m!!! So great to hear (pun intended!) your story!! Such an encouragement to so many people struggling here on TT! I truly hope many, many more peeps will visit and read you post!! It is SO important that folks who are really struggling, especially in the early stages of T, get encouraged!!

• Like Like x 2
    14. SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Thanks for you positive post! I especially like the "I don't cope with my pants..." :)

I have H and plan to be flying to South America and travel into the Amazon. I'm waiting until after my MRI to book my flight, but as long as I have the a-okay, which I totally expect, I am going! I cannot wait! I'm no more concerned about flying than I am about the MRI noise.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    15. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      epin..

your posts were the first i ever stumbled upon 2 months ago when i was at the beginning of my t awareness.

I am so happy for you that you are well on your way to habituation.

I too am able to sleep without masking; easily, if i allow myself to relax and crawl into bed when im ready for zzz. I do prefer to sleep with a fan but i know i can just as easily fall asleep without it. i can also sit in a quiet room (as i am now - library) and not be bothered by it whatsoever. the brain is an amazing thing!

had a little glitch last night; with a temporary perceived increased in loudness and new sound. crept up behind me, tapped me on the shoulder and went BOO. scared me i must say, but now that ive had that experience, i know if it happens again, i will be able to settle it down just by turning my focus away from it. i slept just fine afterwards.

anyway good work Epin. its always good when people make the effort to come back with their success stories. Did you actually meet with Dr Nagler???

16. SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      I was at the gym this morning and thought of that pants quote. I got a little inward giggle when I thought to myself "I am coping with my pants", since I gained a lot of weight lately. lol

on topic: I live most of my time doing well with the H and T, but I also don't go to movies and restaurants. But, I think I will continue to make progress. :)

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hi Deb! Glad to know I have helped you :)

I did not meet dr. Nagler but I exchanged some private messages with him.

Anyways, I contacted him, he is a very kind man and I read a lot of his posts. I do recommend you doing the same.

Adrian

• Informative Informative x 1
    18. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      What an awesome post and a success story all newer T sufferers should read. Congrats Adrian. Your story gives hope and light to those who are still suffering in darkness. Dr. Nagler is the ultimate mentor. Some may not appreciate his direct approach but he is telling the truth, that it is our reaction to tinnitus (loud or low) that affects its intrusiveness. I read how he suffered so bad and yet he turned around by following a good approach. I just tried to follow his advice and those of Rob x 2. I am forever grateful to him and Rob x 2. These two guys were so instrumental to help so many people to turn around on their T. You are a perfect example of that. Thank you for sharing your success story.

• Like Like x 3
    19. SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Often it is other sufferers that provide the best advice. I got a lot of good info here and have made a lot of progress with my H and T. In the beginning, before I knew any better, I wasn't making progress. Then I read advice and boom! major progress.

• Like Like x 2
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I have been very scared of my T. Now I am not.

My Tinnitus made me believe things that are not certain:

I thought I was disabled for life.

I thought I would never be able to work again. I thought I would be alone forever. I thought that I would never smile again. I thought I would never could go clubbing again. I thought I could not listen to the music....

I thought so much BS that I started to believe it--> Suffer

Guess what? Everything negative I thought around my T and all my thoughts have been FALSE!

I still can play guitar, get drunk, read, smile, meet people, work, read, write, play football, hook up with chicks, sleep, go clubbing (earplugs) and so many things that I thought I would never do again.

I was very scared about my Tinnitus, Now my tinnitus is scared of me because IT CANNOT CONTROL ME OR DETERMINE WHAT WILL I DO TODAY.

He wants to drive the bus (@Dr. Nagler ´s example) but I am the bus and I am in control of the steering wheel.

So each time that noisy passenger in your bus, the T, comes up to the steering wheel I want you to say
      BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to it.

No matter the loudness no matter the pitch as we do not get scared (react) of our Tinnitus.

C´mon it is not big deal SHOUT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to your tinnitus.

SCARE the
      hell out of it. C´mon I do not see you shouting ;)
      Once again say BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to it.

Do not believe the things it wants you to. It is just not true.

As I read in a post from @Zimichael ( guy who has had T since the 50´s) We cannot let tinnitus spoil our lives.

It is just not worth it.

Have a beautiful day you beautiful people!

• Like x 8
      • Hug x 3
      • Winner x 3
      • Agree x 2
      • Funny x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    21. Ser
      Inspired

Ser Member

Tinnitus Since:
      early 2014 - summer 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Pretty nice post, I could tick everything that could apply to my situation, everything! :)
      A song of Barbra (our T fellow) says I will never give up. It's often in my head :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    22. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Since 1974 my T has been a positive force, a strong motivator. Who the hell wants to sit around listening to that?
      Ya, say Booo.

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    23. Saif
      Suicidal

Saif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Your post made me smile again after having a hard week with T.
      The only thing I thought about T that I will never go to the movie theater :D.

• Like Like x 2
    24. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      Wow, that's a lot of colors.

I picked my tinnitus up and broke that old man's brittle back.

• Like Like x 1
    25. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Thanks for the positive post. I have developed sound sensitivity/hyperacusis with my t. So still can't do some of those things. Hoping that will fade in time though.

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I am leaving this forum.

I don´t plan to be logging until october, when I will probably make a year with tinnitus. I promise to give an update then and it will be when I will write my own success story.

The reason is that I am moving on. This is the next step in my T journey.

Right now I feel totally recovered. Yes, I have T but simply put I do not care.

T put me in bed and made me suicidal for 3 or 4 months. Now I do anything I used to and I do not stop doing anything because of T. I have written several possitive posts lately expressing these things, which I hope will help the newcomers to this noisy neighbourhood.

I want to personally thank the help provided by these people. Guys, you are all key in my recovery.

@Markku @Zimichael @Dr. Nagler @I who love music @Meestijn @meeruf @AnneG @Jade @ShiningStar @carol kane @Stina @billie48 @frohike @LadyDi @Hudson @mick1987 @James White @yonkapin @Aaron @NeoM @daedalus @DezDog @matttipekkka @Jeff M. @Carlos1

For you newcombers you´d better listen up to what these guys say.

If anyone wants to reach me you can send me a private message. Those arrive to my mail so I can come back to have a private conversation.

See you soon.

Best,
      Adrian

• Like Like x 11
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    27. Saif
      Suicidal

Saif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Good luck with your life Adrian and thanks for your positive things you posted, they really made my days.
      I hope I will write my success story too.

:thankyousign:

• Hug Hug x 2
    28. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Good luck! I might bomb you with messages if Im feeling low;)

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    29. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cant wait to see your success story in future good luck amigo.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    30. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Goodbye and good look Adrian, update us with your improvements in the future.

• Hug Hug x 1