Spasm from Yawns and Burps

Discussion in 'Support' started by Moosejacob, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Moosejacob

Moosejacob Member

I was wondering if anyone had experiences with a sort of inner ear twitch triggered by big yawns, holding in burps and sometimes stretching. These twitches don't really occur unless triggered by these actions. I've been to 3 ENTs and my ear appears fine.
      The twitch is sometimes fast and sometime slow and often twitch for hours on and off. Basically been having this for almost a month.
      Any help would be appreciated

2. Weswhat

Weswhat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      How is your jaw? Does it pop or click?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Moosejacob

Moosejacob Member

There's no popping or clicking at all

4. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

It's common but an ENT won't be able to help..Try looking into TrP therapy. .you can do it yourself...May be a tight scm muscle..tmj related..

5. RonT

RonT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      sounds exactly like my ear problem!

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I also get this, it just started one month ago !! It only ever happens during the day if I do not control my burps or if I hiccup. If I let out a burp then my ear can twitch all day long and it drives me crazy. It also happens during the night so I am not sure if this is linked to a burp during the night. Its driving me crazy. I have started taking Magnesium as I have heard this helps. I started the Magnesium yesterday and only heard my ear flutter once last night. I do not have any symptoms today. But I am pretty confident the fluttering will be back tomorrow morning. Going to my GP tonight to get advice. I am also waiting on an ENT appointment but not for fluttering ear drums...but might be worth while to bring it up. I am hoping it will fade away soon !

8. icyweet

icyweet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      a week ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      burping
      If you hear the fast fluttering sound only when you burp, yawn, or stretch, it is likely because of something small touching your eardrums. Even a tiny piece of hair, or a bit of earwax can cause that. When you burp, your muscles vibrates, and causing that piece of hair to vibrate thus touching your eardrum.

What you really need, is to buy an ear-wax cleaning solution, which costs about $12 from pharmacies. I had the same problem which lasted a few days. I used it once and it was gone the other day. You then keep using it according to the instructions in the case of earwax.

I know this thread was back in 2015, but in case someone arrives here looking for some information, I hope this can help.

• Like Like x 2