Temperature Changes and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Asian, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      OK recently I have been suspecting that my T is somehow connected to the temperature/pressure changes? I notice that when its colder during morning hours , my T is more intense and noticeable compared to nights..any similar experiences ?

PS : can it be the moon ?:D

2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Or the air moisture?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Temp changes can effect ETD which can effect T

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      I read on yuku forum about a guy who claims his T changes with pressure and when he moved to the coast his T changed dramatically.. Also there were many others who thought to have similar experiences with pressure changes

5. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      i woke up in the middle of the night last night with a pressure and clogged feeling in my ears mostly the left one. i also took keppra 2 hours before i slept not sure if its related. we recently turned on our ac in the house here in california its starting to hit the 100s and we just turned it on the other day and its been freezing in the house im thinking the can be the reason for the feeling and spike i never get random spikes like that, mine come from noise induced due to my bad H. has anyone got a spike and fullness feeling due to temperature change? i have taken keppra again and it didnt worsen the problem so im guessing it is the cold. if anyone has a input i would like to hear it, thanks.

6. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I would think no, not a chance a bit of a temperature change can cause a spike. It's way more likely it is the drugs you are taking.

7. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
    8. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @Telis @RichL i honestly have no idea if it was the keppra or ac unit.. I can tell u that it was hot ass heck in here till we fixed the ac unit.. And the past two days i would be freezing after we turned it on i was literally in a sweater in my room .. I took keppra twice after the spike but i didnt take it tonight and i cant sleep been trying for two hours now...i still feel a little bit of pressure on the louder ear the left and thats were the main spike is at too...and it sucks because i felt the keppra started to kick in.. The others havent said anything about a spike either they report no side effects it can be a coinsedence...

9. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I would say it's just a coincidence bro, keep it up, it hasn't been very long since you started keppra so just be vigil.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Il take it in the morning just to be catious just in case it worsens if im asleep ..but also ive noticed my ears are weak with meds my ears got so hot and started burning after taking magnesium i just suck with supplements lately... @RichL

11. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Are you on more than just Keppra?

12. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Nahh man just keppra thats it i tried magnesium weeks back and it gave me a bad headache right after i took it weird huh...

13. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Not at all bro, quite a few people have a bad reaction to magnesium, the problem is theirs so much different sorts of magnesium around, it's a mission just to find the right stuff!

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Hi @Geo I hope your doing better bro. When you said you felt the keppra starting to kick in, can you explain what you were experiencing a bit more? Thanks!

15. rhull
      Alone

rhull Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guess I was born with it. Never not known life without T
      It's been extremely cold the last couple of days here, down to 18F. I've noticed my T is worse, particularly today when it's been at its coldest.

I'm not on any medication, although I had 3 ambien at the beginning of the week. No more of those though, just a couple of melotonin to help get off.