Three, four, five in the morning

Discussion in 'Support' started by sgal, Apr 23, 2014.

1. sgal

sgal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? probably hearing loss.
      What do you guys do when your T wakes you up early in the morning? At first, I could take a klonopin and sleep through the night but pills aren't working anymore.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I used to put nature sounds as masking to keep calm, then I counted numbers or do mental math to distract and bore the mind with repetitions until it gave up and turned sleepy. I used to do that to stop the mind from anxiety build-up and it worked well.

• Like Like x 2
    3. Micky
      Dancing

Micky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10 / 2000
      SGal .. I wake every morning around 5 am and have to get up .. No way i can lie there listening to an F 18 flying through my head.. It's a way of life now for me.. I make a cuppa tea and put the world news on.. Klonopin is bad news stuff.. Bin there and done that...

4. Maddy
      Doubtful

Maddy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/3/14
      I usually wake up at this time too! My bed is next to my window and I usually like to open my window and listening to the early morning bird song and the sounds of the world waking up! That always seems to do the trick for me! If not listening to some calming sounds or putting a DVD on quietly

5. jraulc_11
      Not amused

jraulc_11 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2014
      Micky you made me laugh with F-18 flying because its so true lol

• Like Like x 1
    6. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      I try to focus on something else other than my T. @DebS actually gave me a good idea (I think it was her anyway, sorry if it was someone else) about trying to remember all the people in TV shows or movies. If you try doing this for shows such as Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones, or the Hunger Games, then it keeps you preoccupied. I have found that even without masking I can ignore my T provided my mind is distracted. Masking helps though, so if you are struggling it does the trick.

Hope you sleep well.

• Like Like x 1
    7. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      And if the TV/Movie game doesn't get you back to sleep, a shot of NyQuil sometimes helps!

• Like Like x 1