Tinnitus Is Changing in Pitch. Having Panic Attacks. I Really Want to Die.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Maithe Marshall, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I know have a buzz sound that is driving me Into horrific mood..I'm home alone and crying so much..

I hate this why or how can it change how can I go on like this forever..

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Maithe, is it true you have only had t for a week? Changes are a good sign. It means the brain is not memorizing one sound. If t is this new for you, it could very well go away. Please don't panic. The odds are in your favor. Do you know the reason for your onset?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      No I don't..I keep being told different things from drs..
      I'm scared why is this happening to me...what did I do..
      The dr yesterday said I have a ear infection..but I went to another dr today who said she saw nothing and told me to get over it. Would a dr just prescribe antibiotics for no reason? My whole head feels buzzy and the buzzing sound is driving me nuts..

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
    5. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Maithe I promise your Ok. Whether or not you have an infection isn't necessarily causing the ringing. You said you have some etd and inflation same as I did and you have fluid trapped behind your ear that is prob what's causing the t. Changes in sound happen a lot for me early on and 6 weeks later I can barely hear my t. Maybe some of the fluod drained or some change is pressure happened involving the etd. This can cause a change in the sound.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I did something stupid and took a Percocet the dr prescribed me to help me relax and I think it's making my head feel even buzzier.

I'm sorry if I'm annoying anyone..I have never had a panic attack in my life and tonight has been so bad to the point where I couldn't breath right..

I feel like a million crickets are by my ear...my head feels weird. And yeah I had one dr tell me maybe it was ETD. But everyone keeps telling me different things which really scare me because I feel like my brain is shutting down or something.. @cullenbohannon

7. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Maithe, what are the antibiotics you were given? I am hoping it is not cipro.
      There are many causes of t from head injury to medications to ear wax build up to tmj to neck injuries, to high blood pressure to infection to noise exposure. Or have you just been through a traumatic event?
      Have you been to see an ENT? Not a GP.

8. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Ah just saw your comment re ETD. Yes, if there is fluid build up also, this could be a cause. And often temporary. Please don't panic. Take deep breaths from your tummy, not your chest.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      No I was given biaxin that's the generic name. No all my problems happened after a flight from virginia to New Mexico...I had thumping sounds in my ear and then T began out of nowhere.
      No injury, no loud noise no tmj, nothing...

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      • Creative Creative x 1
    11. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Maithe you have nothing to be sorry about my first weeks I was a mess trust me. I am a 23 year old and I was crying to my mother because I was so stressed. The same thing
      happened to me one dr said infection one
      said no infection just swelling and inflammation and etd. Maithe you need to find a way to get to your family I know you
      said you don't want to fly maybe there's a bus or something you could use to get home. It just doesn't seem like you should be alone
      . You def need anxiety meds talk to your doctor about the anxiety if you see them again. One percocet might make you feel werid but it prob hasn't affected your t that prob due to stress.

12. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Maithe, will say this only one more time... you have a major anxiety problem. Please go find someone to help you ASAP, instead of spending time posting. Myself and many others already have given you much advice on previous threads. We can only do so much. You don't need a Percocet...that's for pain. You need aniexty medication, and soon. Not being able to breathe is a symptom of anxiety and panic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Maithe, how long after your flight did the t start?

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thanks @cullenbohannon I'm just scared because I feel weird ( probably because Percocet) t sounds like it's making me deaf but I can hear everything ( not sure if that makes sense?) I know I need help..
      I will be seeking some tomorrow...and getting on medication right away..

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      You mention doctors, but I don't know if you are talking about ENTs or not. I can't remember if you have seen one, but if you haven't I would suggest finding one and going. They'll test your hearing, probably do a tympanometry, which will see if you Eustachian tube problems problems or fluid in your ear.

Don't feel bad about it happening out of no where. Mine begin after I turned off the TV.

Mine also went from a tone to a kind of whistle and now it's mostly a buzzy sound.

You really need something for your panic attacks. Maybe talk to a psychiatrist or something about medications that you might need for anxiety, depression, or sleeping problems.

If it's any comfort over 75% of people naturally habituate to tinnitus. Natural habituation is where you no longer hear your tinnitus unless you focus on it. So like some people once you habituate you might even forget you had tinnitus to begin with.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      @NeoM I have seen an ENT 2 ruined had a hearing test it came out perfectly...I'm not sure if this medication is messing with me..been on predisone for 7 day and antibiotics and I took a Percocet tonight...probably not a good mix.

17. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      @Maithe Marshall - I've never taken Percocet but I've had valium a few times early on and it made my T seem worse.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Big mistake on my part :/ shouldn't of took it I just wanted to relax. @Amelia

19. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Maithe, i feel so sorry for you right now, panic attacks are the worst thing to go through ... we all need help and reassurance, maybe call your mum for some comfort, hang in there!!!!

20. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      My T didn't stay louder tho, just temporary so that's a plus.

Just for the minute - turn some music on, increase the TV volume and try and drown it out xxx

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      It started 6 days later... @Lisa88 and thanks @Amelia right now nothing is masking it because my head feel buzzy I'm not sure if that's because of al the medication I've been on..I'm on a steroid and I know those can make you have bad side effects:/ and @carol kane thank you I feel sorry for myself in scared that this feeling will never leave the buzzy feeling light head and weird

• Hug Hug x 1
    22. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Rather Harsh?

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      It's okay..I'm know I'm annoying everyone..I am really scared my head is buzzing and I don't understand why..I have no good medical care out in this last of New Mexico..so I don't know why to do.. @carol kane

• Hug Hug x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Part*

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I'm home alone...and scared because no drs can tell me what is really wrong..

26. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Maithe my t story is similar the most important thing is to get anxiety help and try not to be alone. I would also stay away from anything that reminds you of the t. It might do you some good to not be on this site all the time but ofcourse if your scared then by all means do so. I just feel bad for you at the moment wish you didn't feel so bad but I got way better and you will too.

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      being calm is the first step to helping you deal with your T maithe, it really makes a diffrence... thinking about dying wont help you are making it worse... we all know what it was like in the begining but like i said im going on 8 months and T just dont have an affect on me like it did in the beginning... you will overcome...

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you..I just been on this sitea lot because it helps me at times calm down..I know I'm not alone. I need to give a break but it's hard when I have this buzzing in my head driving me into crazy @carol kane

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you @christine kauhane ..I hope some sleep does me good. I went to bed at 4 am last, not sure if that can make t worse or not? I feel like it could be and along with all the medication I'm on right now..I know predisone has anxiety side effect so I'm guessing that's not helping at all.

30. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Sleep will help - almost everyone here will attest to the fact sleep helps. I know when I'm not well rested and tired my T is worse.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1