Tinnitus Louder and Higher Pitched, Not Coping

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bart, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Today is a very bad day for me,

The T seemed to have changed in pitch and cuts through everything, it is almost unmaskable and unbearable !

Had this higher pitched hissing sound before but this increase is driving me just insane and to the brink.

I live in a big city and can hardly get out of the door anymore without people making noise and increasing my T, is this my future? I can protect my ears all I want untill one time I get caught unaware and have this massive increase, not coping at all. What is it these days with louder is better? Screw that, cars honking, ridiculously loud engines, children screaming and doing stupid stuff, NO !

Following TRT though, just started but instead of making progress there is always something happening outside that make it spike out of control, stop wearing earplugs sir as you have H and it is not helping you, tell me about, if i do not wear them my T spikes, if i wear them my spikes as well :mad:

Sorry for the rant but had to get this out of my system.

2. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      Don't wear ear protection in normal situations, T is a brain manifestation/malfunction, it has not much to do with your ears even though it all starts from there.

Spikes can come, tones can come, intensity/volume will vary, all that is predictable with tinnitus is its impredictability.

easier said than done, but if you can sleep, try to live your life normally until something else comes up.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      hey btw, why don't you give a try to am-101 clinical trials being conducted at the moment?

4. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      I live with ultra high-pitched T (14 kHz) for one year now. Unmaskable, unbearable.
      But there is nothing changing the tone, neither outside nor inside.
      As Valentin says, it comes from the brain. But every T is different, so you could never know what makes it better or worse.

5. Cymro41
      Gloomy

Cymro41 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Bart. Exactly like mine. Today is probably my worst. Yesterday was my best. How long I can endure this I really don't know. I find watching TV even makes my spikes worse. Unable to cope at the moment. Good luck.

6. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      Hi Cymro41. Sorry to hear you're struggling, I am too. I see you've had yours seven years. Did it suddenly get worse or something And what caused this? Hope you and Bart both improve soon, it's horrible.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Cymro41 @geg1992

Hello guys,

Sorry to hear you are struggling Cymro41 and Geg , I hope it gets better soon and you can find some relief.

That was an older post of mine from a couple of months ago, I am doing better now although the T is not giving up.

I accepted it for the most part, but sometimes it can get me down or annoyed when it spikes for some reason but that is ok, you don't have to be ok with everything 100% of the time.

Take care guys, my toughts are with you.

8. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      That's great to hear! Glad yours is getting better. I'm starting to acccept mine too, but when it spikes I'm back to square one. The future scares me too as I'm only 22 so long time to have to put up with this! Plus if it gets worse I wonder how I'll cope.

All the best!

9. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @Bart Would it help to move more into the country?