Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Claudia, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Claudia

Claudia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/13
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know. I'm guessing medication ??
      Hello everyone! I'm new to this site. Glad I found it. I am just about to go crazy. I have had tinnitus since 8 2013. Out of the blue I got it. Some days are louder than others. Today is by far the worst!!! Dr cannot help me. I asked him. To remove my ear drum. I cannot live this way it's in my right ear. I can't focus can't be in a quiet place. I have to be around sounds 24-7

2. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection

• Like Like x 2
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      You may be having a spike. It will usually settle to baseline again. Have you got anything to mask your T?

• Like Like x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Claudia, masking with white noise didn't work for me. I like to use high frequency nature sounds, like heavy rain, shower, running water, waterfall, etc. They are more soothing. I survived on masking all the time and using meds also. Yes, life is not fair. But life is not perfect and some times bad things happen. When T was new. I thought like you too. I rejected T (and hyperacusis also) with so much negative emotions that it drained me mentally and physically. Later on, I learned to accept my reality. Using CBT technique, I started writing down the negative, distorted thoughts with positive and realistic ones. It works to help me reduce my emotional suffering. I also learn being more positive and relax. The more positive, the less stress and the less T suffering. A big part of T suffering is mental. So we need to play a smart mental game with T. If you read my success story, you would know I was on the blink before turning around. I am not the only one. There are lots of people getting better and posted their success stories. Read them up to get some insights to help you. You may want to read up those from ladies like Jade, AnneG, Kathi, Claire, Lena, Neenie etc.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claudia

Claudia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/13
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you! I know I get it. I just feel SO awful! My stomache is knotts IM just about ready to jump off a bridge! I'm at work right now and it's so quiet here I want to scream and run. I'm sorry this is just how I feel today. I'm tense I feel like crying!! I also take 100 mg of Zoloft I've been taking this for about 7 years and now this..
      Thank you Billie

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      So sorry for how you feel. My view now on medication is almost take nothing, but I know that might not be an option. The problem is that this condition is just so poorly understood. Even my ENT admitted this.

What is your T like? Is it constant or intermittent? How loud do you feel it is?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claudia

Claudia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/13
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is pretty loud when I'm in a quiet setting. Good news is I can mask it with white noise. But I do not live in silence , I can't enjoy silence it sounds like. Radio frequency

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. jovionabedofrose
      Stressed

jovionabedofrose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      trauma
      Claudia, hopefully you are feeling better! I know with me stress and anxiety play a huge part in my spikes with T. Its like a vicious circle with no way out. Learning coping skills have helped me most of the time. And also my doctor told me to cut out caffeine and sodium from my diet. Every day is a struggle but I'm learning(trying) to accept and live with it. Hoping one day there will be a cure

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claudia

Claudia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/13
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you. Last week was BAD. So far yesterday and today is ok. I'm starting to talk to it and excepting it. Im also looking into weaning of the 100 mg Zoloft. I hope it helps.
      And a friend suggested manganese!??? She said it worked for her. But you must finish the bottle n be patient I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I guess we just have to do our best