Universal Sound Therapy (UST)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Nov 13, 2011.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Oh darn! lol

I had a feeling it was tooooo good to be true! ;)

I told you all I started using it again along with all the CD and supplements.

When I was driving home from work I found that the really bad left ear was completely silent and the right one the was not as troublesome was just a faint tone. No pulsing.

However, the T came back, but it is so faint I have to listen for it. It has been like that now for some time. In the morning is when it is the strongest... still not that bothersome though.

I am glad we have someone else to use as a progress report with this! and, I bet you were in bliss without the T constantly going when it was silent.

Come on back now! :)

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I don't blame you about the "don't do this" advice. Most things are bad for you anyway unless in moderation! haha

I feel I am getting relief and the changes are encouraging. I am not all anxious about it either. That was one of the benefits right away with the CD.

The T is now faint again.... So faint I have to cup my hands over my ears and I swear it is gone for a moment.. Opps. ... back!!! ... faint though. Sorry for the digression!

About the UST... hey, you can get your money back if you feel it is not helpful, so I guess you have nothing to loose. It is the kind of treatment that takes time though. I am giving it 4 months. That is how long it took for Dick. Tomorrow makes my 2 month anniversary of it.

Hope this helped....

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Yep! it clearly says can cause tinnitus.

I asked my doctor - regular and the ENT. Both were OK with.

I carry my BP monitor with me to work and check it several times there and of course when I am home. My doctor laughs at me when I bring out my notebook with the BP stuff on it! lol

M doctor says I can always pop an ativan if mine shoots way up on occasion. I haven't had to much. I am good with that. The Metoprolol just made me anxious... what good is it??!!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      continuing my updates....

My T was notably lower upon awakening today. That is when it is the strongest. It remains so 2 hours now. Still there though!!

Today is the 2 month anniversary of using the Tinnitus UST CD.

5. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Judy -
      I have been using the UST, going on 2-3 weeks now. Not quite sure if it works, but I'm giving it a try. I am trying a lot of things. I plan to see an audiologist who specializes in Tinnitus treatment in 2 weeks..

I wanted to tell you about something that I found that seems to be giving me a glimmer of hope: A few years ago I read William Shatner's autobiography, "Up Till Now". This may be the funniest book that I have ever read. Go to your library and find this book, just to read two pages about Tinnitus.

William Shatner has Tinnitus, as a result of an explosion on the set of Star Trek. In fact, Leonard Nemoy also has Tinnitus. Shatner explains his condition and what he went through. He does an outstanding job in just two pages, explaining that there is hope.

Hey, if Captain James T. Kirk says that there is hope living with this thing, I want to believe him.

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, everyone! I'm new to this forum, and have just begun using the Universal Sound Therapy CD for tinnitus. This is my fifth day of use, and I think I'm beginning to notice a difference already. My tinnitus has been pretty severe, and I have both the pulsating and regular varieties. I had soft ringing in my right ear for many years, but it got worse after I took blood pressure medicine (both Lisinopril and Toprol XL) back in 2010. I'm now completely off the blood pressure medications, and am trying to control my bp with natural means (fish oil, vitamin d3, grape seed extract, etc.). I had hoped that when I got off the bp medications, my tinnitus would subside, but that hasn't been the case. I've been to many doctors, had an MRI, CT scan, etc., to no avail. So, now, I'm hoping that in time, and with aids such as the UST CD, things will get better. Karl, thanks for the info about William Shatner's book; I think all of us could use some hope!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi Karen! welcome!

What kind of changes are you experiencing? and are you feeling less anxiety about the Tinnitus due to the CD? That was the first change I noticed. Not as frantic and distressed.

I got of metoprolol (BP) as well.

I am taking all those things you are plus many more.

Try the sonic toothbrush therapy - some of us are trying it. We do find temporary relief. Nothing happened though when I tried it before doing the UST cd.

Are you taking gingko biloba as well? I just stared that.

I did get the UST for blood pressure and that is helping regulate my BP along with the supplements.

Today was my 2 month anniversary of using the UST treatment. What a difference! I will hang in there for another 2 months... I do find that I experience silence for brief periods. Getting there!

Hope you check in here with your progress regularly!

8. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, Calin,

I've been using the UST cd every day since I got it, and yesterday I thought I noticed a difference in intensity. Today, though, the pulsating seems worse, due mostly to my blood pressure (I think!). I'm having a hard time getting it under control, and have sleep problems. I've tried the sonic toothbrush, and it didn't seem to help, except to increase the turbulence in my ear. The best way I can describe the pulsating part of my tinnitus is "turbulent"; it feels as if my whole head is shaking inside. Have you experienced anything like that?

I'm not taking gingko biloba right now, because I'm taking so many other supplements (too numerous to mention here), and I've heard that it is a blood-thinner. Some of my other supplements also have blood-thinning properties, so I didn't want to take too many of those.

I'll keep using the UST cd and report in from time to time. Sounds like these cd's are really working for you. That's great! You've given me hope that there's some light at the end of the tunnel!

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi Karen,

Be patient with the UST cd. I may take months... but months is better than a lifetime!

I get a pulsing of the T in rhythm to my heartbeat. My ENT calls it pulsitile tinnitus. sometimes though the pulsing stops and it is a straight tone.... weak though.

The way I deal with the highs and lows (regarding intensity) is that mine now fades or ceases and returns, so I know that it will diminish in due time. I watch for the AM volume as that is usually the strongest.

If the sonic toothbrush is bothersome... don't use it. i worried the first couple of time I used it, but started using it again recently to see if I could being the T down even more. it could be all mind over matter, but I am good with that! ;)

Have you tried deep breathing for lowering your blood pressure? It has helped me and in times of stress I do the exercises and it calms my BP. I used the Breathe Easy method. It came with cds as well. I don't need the cds anymore though.

Nice seeing you again!

10. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      I may be jumping the gun reporting my latest experiment, but here goes:

I ordered a product called BioEar and started using it last night. I read about it in a paper I purchased, "Tinnitus Miracle". BioEar is a herbal concoction that you place on a cotton ball. It has a powerful smell. You stick the cotton ball in your ear 2-4 hours. Used it last night 2 hours and this morning 2 hours. It will be a commitment, but I think I can work it into my schedule.

The experiment: This morning I put the cotton ball in my ear, then I did the toothbrush vibration thing. I think I noticed a difference in the sound level.

I'll continue with this experiment, reporting back.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Progress as of today..... 2 months and 2 days on UST.

I am trying to work out a scale to measure my tinnitus level that seems appropriate . Like 1-10 or 1-50 . That is my big dilemma this morning! lol

My T is way down this AM (that is when it is the strongest). It seems to go up and down a bit in intensity, but not any where near as high as since I started recognizing that I had it.

So, I am going to take a stab at the scale of 1-10. It seems to be from 2.3 to 2.9. I am really pleased. I hope to say later that it decreased even lower later on as the day progresses.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Woo-hoo! Change!!!!

That's for reporting your new treatment!

13. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Calin --- That's great news! It looks like you're really making progress. Thank you for keeping us updated on your experiments. Yes, I have pulsatile tinnitus, too --- it is constant, and is in time with my heartbeat. I also have a constant high-pitched ringing. Both of these started right after I took and got off the first of my blood pressure medications. Even though I've been off all blood pressure medications for over a year (as of October 1, 2011), I still have the pulsating and the ringing. Are you familiar with a website known as Whooshers.Com? Check it out when you have a chance! We are in an exclusive group --- and there are many reasons for, and solutions to, pulsatile tinnitus.

I will try to keep listening to the UST cd. I haven't given up hope yet! Keep those updates coming!

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      End of day...

My guess would be it ranged from .7 to maybe 2.2 throughout the day. Sometimes I had to stop and focus to see if I could hear the T.

It gives me the sense of remembering what normal is!

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I was hoping that the T level would not go back up this morning... and it didn't! I am sensing minimal amount of pulsing... more on the steady side. Level... 1.5 - 2.0

16. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Great, Calin! I thought it might be effective to reduce the ringing, but was wondering about the pulsating. Looks like it is working for you for both!!

As for me, today is day 7 of the UST cd. I actually have been able to sleep for the last 2 nights, and in the late afternoon (my worst time of day for both blood pressure and tinnitus), things have been so much quieter. I believe it is beginning to work for me, too! My pulsating, on a scale of 1 to 10, was probably at a 9. Right now, it's at a 5. And I'd say the same about the ringing. Much improved! It takes a lot of perseverance to listen to the CD more than once a day, but that's what I've been doing. How often do you listen to the Alignment portion? Every day? Three times per week?

A question: I'm thinking about ordering the UST cd for high blood pressure. Does it keep your blood pressure under control throughout the day?

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Wow! I was happy to see your progress! Woo-hoo!

I don't put the headsets on my head all the time. If I am sitting, I will place the headsets around my thigh. If I am working, I will usually just have the headsets on my neck so the ear pieces are against my skin. I have my Blackberry attached to my waistband. (I downloaded the audios to the cell.) Sometimes I place the headsets just below or behind my ear.

Let's see... first question. Before I got the Energetic Body Tuneup cd, I would just do the alignment once and the other cds at will. From what I have read on the FAQ on his site, some do it once a week. I feel better once a day or the Energetic Body TU once every other day or so.

2nd question. I think it helps a lot. If I see my BP rising, I can just play the HP cd and/or the anxiety one. By the time I am done with the anxiety one, I have totally forgotten or moved off of the reason I became anxious! Naturally my BP decreases. But I also have to say that when my BP rises, I do the Breathe Easy technique... deep breathing ... for a couple of rounds. That helps as well. BP drops in a couple of minutes. The boost of nitric oxide is a natural BP reducer as it widens the arteries. I do play the BP almost daily. I absolutely do not want to take BP meds any more or ever again!!! 30+ years was enough!

I have to say that in my determination to rid myself of this T thing, I did research on situations that could bring about T. So.... now I also use the circulation and candida ones for the T and general health. I got the candida for a family member, but I am trying it out first. I experienced the "die off" effect from shedding the toxins, so maybe that may have been a factor as well. Hard to say. I am bombarding my body with supplements and cds!! BUT, IT IS WORKING!!! Through the day today, my T was a zero to about 1.7. I am hopeful. I am still giving the CD another month or so. I feel now it is just a matter of time. And that I have!

Oh, I forgot I am also bombarding my body with my sonic toothbrush! I started that back up several days ago.

Hope I got everything!

18. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for all this information, Calin! Your dedication to all this is inspiring, and it gives me hope. It really sounds like the combination of all those things are truly working for you. When you mention that your T is zero to 1.7, does that include the pulsating? I wish I could get my pulsating down even a little bit; it is really bothering me right now.

I'm doing a lot of the same things you are doing; have been to a naturopath, and am taking yeast detox preparation for candida, B vitamins, vitamin D, COQ10, chlorophyll, Vitamin C, grape seed extract, etc. I also have a thyroid condition, which may be another possible cause of tinnitus, and am on synthroid for that.

What I really think started my pulsatile tinnitus was when I got off the first blood pressure drug I took. I was only on blood pressure medicine for a little over 3 months, and decided I was not going to put up with the awful side effects any longer, so I gradually weaned myself off. I'm glad to hear you've gotten your blood pressure under control with the methods you're using. How hard was it to get off blood pressure medicine after 30 years? That must have taken awhile!

Thanks again for all your information and support. I'll keep at it, and post my progress.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi Karen. I guess I am kinda of compulsive when I am in the analysis., research and trial stages of stuff! haha

The pulsing is to my heartbeat. The fainter tone is steady and in my right ear. The left ear (pulsing) is the strongest most times. When I get zero, that includes both. No T at all. I stand frozen, listening closely until it comes back! It just seems so strange for it to go away after getting used to it!

I made it a goal to get my BP down to decent level for several months before I quit. In August, I had a bout of dizziness and then the doctor and I tried different ones to see if the BP meds were the cause. When I realized that my BP didn't change even for the water pill HCTZ, I knew I could do it on my own. I could take an ativan if I became hypertensive and that was all that necessary for meds. I haven't needed to resort to much of that!

The dizziness may have been the beginning of this T. I don't know. I did exercises for BPPV and that fixed it. 3 weeks of it. Shortly after I noticed the beginnings of T.

It does take some attention to keeping our BP at normal ranges. I think of it as maintenance. I do the deep breathing and the CD. Plus... supplements. If you want I can list them.

So, Karen, are you using the CD daily and or tried placing the headsets elsewhere on your body?

20. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, Calin. It's encouraging to me that your tinnitus, including the pulsating, sometimes actually goes away for a short time! I'm hoping that will happen to me, too, eventually. I'll keep using the UST cd.

I agree that it takes some work to keep our blood pressure under control, and it sounds like you've found some things that work for you. That's wonderful; keep up the good work!! Yes, I would like to know what supplements you are taking that help with blood pressure.

My blood pressure is mostly under control --- with the exception of late afternoons, when, no matter what I do, it goes up pretty high. I know because I'm compulsive about taking my blood pressure all during the day! My naturopath has suggested that I take vitamin B6 to help control it, so now I'm giving that a try. What also works for me is exerecise (walking about 30 minutes per day, when possible), relaxation techniques, blood pressure tea (with hibiscus), etc.

I have just ordered the UST cd for High Blood Pressure, so I should have that within the next week. Will let you know how that works; I'm hoping it will be what I need to help keep my b.p. on a more even level. (Right now, my b.p. is 115/73, but it often goes up into the 140's/150's over high 80's in the late afternoon.)

To answer your question about the tinnitus CD: Yes, I'm using it every day, usually about 2 or 3 times per day. Yesterday, I tried putting the headset on my leg, and I've put the headset behind my ears sometimes, too.

Will keep reporting my progress. It's now been over a week that I've been using the Tinnitus CD!

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      That is great - 115/73.!!!

My BP will go to 130 or so and in the low 80s in the afternoon. My docs say that is normal in the afternoon.I am 60, so my age will naturally cause a high result. I am not worried abut being 130 over 83 or so in the afternoon.

I am like you - constant BP monitoring. Now I only check 2-3 times a day.

I will list everything I take as it kind of overlaps with BP and tinnitus. One thing will help the other.

First - I stopped all caffeine.
      I do teas (green teas - with hibiscus as well) and Super Greens (for keeping my ph level balanced) and every so often food grade diatomaceous earth..... Multi Vitamins/minerals and amino acids, Omegas DHA and EPA and melatonin for full night sleep. Other: hawthorn, L-theanine, cacao, taurine, probiotics, grape seed, elderberry, garlic, CoQ10, curcumin, resveratrol, calcium and magnesium, inositol, gingko biloba and vit D3

Thanks for chatting with me about this stuff. It was kind of lonely in here! And we do have similar issues! It helps and we can learn from each other.

22. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for listing all your supplements. I take some of the same things you do --- however, I've never tried diatomaceous earth! Does that somehow help with blood pressure? Also , have you tried vinpocetine for tinnitus? I tried it a couple months ago; at first, I thought it was working, but then it seemed to make things even worse, so I stopped taking it.

This afternoon, my tinnitus was bothering me a lot (the ringing and pulsating both), and my blood pressure was up (157/86!) However, after exercising, etc., it came back down to a normal range (126/79). My problem is in the late afternoon; I'm fine in the morning, and in the evening. And, yes, I'm in my 60's, too (65, going on 66), so I realize our blood pressure may be a little higher in the afternoon -- but mine is just a little too high, and it makes my tinnitus almost unbearable!

I'm still using the UST cd for tinnitus, and I think that most of time, it takes the edge off the worst of the ringing. I'm not going to give up on it, because I realize it may take months to work. I'm looking forward to getting my high blood pressure CD within the next week, too.

Thanks for sharing; I appreciate your support and enthusiasm!

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi karen,

Here is the link for the diatomaceous earth. I use it for my animals and for pests and for me. When I got the T , I stopped it as I wanted to make sure the DE had nothing to do with it. I cut back now anyway. http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use.php?gclid=CNWfkMDJ06wCFSOMtgodPFhHqQ

Seems like the exercise is what is a big key to your regulation of BP.

Glad you are resigned to giving it a go for months. It takes time for your body to tune back in to normal functioning. It only makes sense.

Gosh, shaky from the T. Yuck. Have you tried melatonin before bed? Works great for me!

When I do wake up in the middle of the night, my T is the loudest and in the morning. But the melatonin gets me right back to sleep. I was pleased that once I got up though the volume was about a 1. Right now it is barely noticeable - maybe a .2. - .5 All day though it was between .5 to a 1.2. Rough estimates!

I am waiting for the T to get louder, but so far it is holding to low levels.

Oh... are you doing the sonic toothbrush technique? I can't remember. pardon me.

Hang in there and don't give up.

24. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      I will indulge myself and report on my own "experiments":

I have settled into a sort of routine with Tinnitus:
      1. A week ago, discontinued Metoprolol. (My doctor was not too happy about that. He does not believe Metoprolol can cause Tinnitus. Easy for him to say!)
      2. My routine: After waking up at 5:15 am, I put the "BioEar" drops on a cotton ball. Place in right ear for 4 hours.
      3. I do the toothbrush thing for about 6 minutes.
      4. During the day at work, I listen to the UST. Listen to the alignment track, then the hour track.
      5. Get home at 6:00 pm. Put "Ring Relief" eardrops in right ear, then I do the toothbrush thing about 6 minutes.
      6. After dinner, I pop a Remeron anti-depressant. This puts me to sleep by 9:00 pm. I have no complaints about Remeron, except that I can't drink alcohol. (I have always enjoyed a glass of wine when I get home)

Results: This morning when I woke up, I had very little T. Throughout the deay, it increased some. Not sure how much the UST is helping in this reduction, because I have so many things going on. I think the BioEar helps and the toothbrush treatment - maybe.

Mine is a high pitched ring in my right ear. Almost like the sound that flourescent light bulbs sometimes make. (In fact, I asked my wife if the light bulb in the family room is making a sound, I was so confused. She said that the light bulb was making a sound.)

Next week, I see an audiologist who specializes in Tinnitus.

I am 60. Seems to be the magic number for this sort of thing.

I joined the ATA, donating $100. Will be waiting for news when they find a cure.

• Like Like x 1
    25. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, Calin and Karl,
      Calin -- thanks for the information about diatomecious earth (silica). Sounds interesting! I'll have to do some more research. To answer your question: Yes, I've been trying the sonic toothbrush, but very carefully, as I don't want to do anything to make my pulsating worse!

Karl -- I enjoyed reading about your tinnitus routine above. Good for you for getting off the metropolol! How long were you on it, and how is your blood pressure doing now? What methods are you using to keep your blood pressure under control?

I have a high-pitched ringing in my right ear, too. I already had very mild ringing in my right ear (not bothersome at all) for many years,and had some hearing loss in the right ear as well. The blood pressure medicine, however, made it many times worse, and caused pulsatile tinnitus, too. You definitely did the right thing by getting off the metropolol!

I'll be interested to hear what your audiologist has to say about your tinnitus, and what can be done about it. I too went to an audiologist who specializes in tinnitus. After an audiological exam and a tinnitus questionnaire, she discussed my situation with me, and felt that I would benefit from trying a hearing aid. The one I was given for a free trial was the new Lyric in-the-canal type of aid. I tried it for a couple days, but had to take it out (with my husband's help) because it seemed to magnify the pulsating sound in my ear! I haven't gone back yet; thought I'd try some other methods first.

How long have you been using the UST cd? The Bio-Ear? It sounds like you've found some relief with those methods.

Yes, it looks like those of us in our 60's are at the magic age where these things can happen to us!

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi Karl, A real quick message... it's a little late and I have to go to bed.

I looked up Bio Ear and Ring Relief. I found not so good reviews on the Ring Relief http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DJDQ26/?tag=tinntalk-20

I think I will pass on them. Thanks for calling that to our attention though! ;)

I did call the acuscope people and will give a report on what I found out in the morning. I will post on the other thread I started for that.

ps... my T has been at about a 1 all day!

27. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Karen:"Hi, Calin and Karl,
      ...Karl -- I enjoyed reading about your tinnitus routine above. Good for you for getting off the metropolol! How long were you on it, and how is your blood pressure doing now? What methods are you using to keep your blood pressure under control?"
      Hi Karen.
      I was on Metoprolol + aspirin from October-December, about 3 months. Previously I had been on low dose Altace 2.5 mg. I have doubled-up on the Altace. My BP is high-normal. I believe the Tinnitus has caused so much anxiety it has effected my BP. I think my Tinnitus may be reducing (I'm walking on egg shells saying a statement like that). Getting enough sleep is the main priority.

Karen:"The blood pressure medicine, however, made it many times worse, and caused pulsatile tinnitus, too. You definitely did the right thing by getting off the metropolol!"
      Yes, there appears to be a connection between BP medicine and Tinnitus, doesn't there? Also, aspirin is a known cause of Tinnitus.

Karen:"I'll be interested to hear what your audiologist has to say about your tinnitus, and what can be done about it. I too went to an audiologist who specializes in tinnitus. After an audiological exam and a tinnitus questionnaire, she discussed my situation with me, and felt that I would benefit from trying a hearing aid. The one I was given for a free trial was the new Lyric in-the-canal type of aid."
      I found this audiologist after reading an article about Neuronmonics. This is a hearing device that is used to treat Tinnitus for some patients. I am not sure if they will recommend Neuronmonics for me. If they do, I will report back.

As you have probably read, the main problem is the mental loop that Tinnitus sufferers have created for themselves focusing on the sound. My Tinnitus actually began in October, but I thought I could live with it. When I caught a sinus infection, the sound became so loud, I noticed the Tinnutus. This establised a mental loop - a "viscous cyle". I have read that the treatment for many people is to break the mental loop, so that the Tinnitus is something that can be lived with, like the sound of raindrops or cicadas. Neuronmonics and white noise generators are devices that are used for that purpose.

"How long have you been using the UST cd? The Bio-Ear? It sounds like you've found some relief with those methods."
      I have used the UST about 3-4 weeks. It does seem to give a calming effect. Scientifically, I can't say that I understand what it does. For me, I am allowing a "willing suspension of disbelief", similar to when I read "Harry Potter". If UST works, it will be great.

I have been using BioEar almost 1 week. I think this product has been around a long time.

If you are concerned about the loudness of the toothbrush treatment, stay away from your ear. The toothbrush treatment is very relaxing and it's a great massage. I absolutely forget about the Tinnitus when I use the toothbrush.

28. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Thanks Calin. Yes, I agree that "Ring Relief" is not a cure. I found this product at my local Walgreens. As one comment said, the only "ring" it seems to be good for is the sound of the cash register. I can say the same for another product that I purchased: "Lipo-Flavonoid" is not a cure - for me. Perhaps somebody gets some benefits from these things.

Somebody in my office recommended puting 2 drops of olive oil in my ear. I'm a little afraid of doing that on a continual basis, because of bacteria.

I read about "BioEar" in the paper "Tinnitus Miracle". According to the author, BioEar is the only ear drop that appears to give some relief, although it is not a cure.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      HI Guys,

Karl and Karen... you write so well!

About metoprolol, if you google metoprolol and tinnitus, you will find that T is a side effect - not matter what any doctor tells anyone!! And we three are a statistic! lol

The first thing my ENT doctor asked me was how much aspirin I was taking. I told him none.

The first sign of change from the UST was the irritation and anxiety of hearing that pulsing and tone constantly. In and of itself was a blessing. I can tell you that you will more than likely sense more relief in that area. Glad you mentioned that Karl as I am also listening tot the cd for anxiety for my BP hypertension. I started that though after a couple weeks on the tinnitus cd.

I get that sense that the UST cd is enhancing the effects of my home "treatments" as I am getting rather rapid results . Is ay that as most T sufferers have found O relief.

I will post something on magnesium (which I have increased recently to my regime of supplements.) I was getting leg cramps and felt I needed to use a magnesium supplement along with my multi-vitamins.

Talk to you guys soon!!!

30. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Karl --- I'll look forward to hearing from you about the neuromonics, or whatever your audiologist prescribes! I've read a little bit about neuromonics, and it does seem to work for some people.

You're right to be wary of the olive oil in the ear. I tried mullein oil in my ear, then began using Ring Stop ear drops. Neither one helped my tinnitus, but I did end up with an ear infection and had to take an antibiotic to get rid of it.

Calin -- Both of you are very encouraging about the UST cd; I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now, and am thinking my tinnitus is a little bit softer. I should be getting the Blood Pressure UST cd in the next couple days, and I'll report on that after I begin using it.

Thanks to both of you for your support; it helps to have others to talk to who are experiencing the same things!