0/10? Anybody?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Asian, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Have you ever had a 0/10? If it happens I would love to believe that our ears are probably capable of returning to normal and maybe we have better days ahead ! I have had a couple of instances where my T literally vanished to 0 and my H was pretty low as well. But this doesn't happen often and its always around 3/10. Please share your experiences :)

Also what do you suspect you did that made it near normal? I know there is no way of knowing this ever but still there must be something you suspect like staying away from phones and computers , eating something specific etc

2. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      I've never had 0/10, even when i didn't consider i had tinnitus, i could still hear some kind of ringing in my ears, which i could only hear in absolutely quiet places, impossible to hear in normal conditions

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Sorry to hear about that buddy. I tried some acupressure points below and around my earlobe and my T volume went way down! Specially the hollow spot below the earlobe. But yeah it would have been a pure coincidence as my T has been very low already since 2 days but I think I felt the difference from pressing those points.

4. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Straight after a shower, for a couple of minutes, my T disappears completely!

Only to return to normal levels again, but it's awesome to know that I can still enjoy silence four times a week, sometimes more.

:)

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Working with the lawn trimmer in the garden.
      After I switch off, I have silence for 2-3 minutes.
      Residual inhibition.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Never had 0/10. Could fully mask it when it was mild. Now can't anymore.

7. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      @RichL 4 times a week??!! o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    8. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      4 sometimes 5,
      I never get body odor, I can work up a sweet and literally, the sweet will pour off me and I don't smell of that horrid stale sweet smell, I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.
      No sense in showering everyday when I don't need too!

Besides too much showering washes all your natural oils away and isn't recommended nowadays anyway. :)

9. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      I'm not a person who sweats a lot either but I love showering it's so relaxing!!!! I guess that means I have no natural oils in my body.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think 0/10 is impossible for any human being that isn't dead. There is no such thing as silence and everyone has some T if they are in a quiet enough environment and think about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      You'd hear tinnitus if it were that silent no matter who you are.

12. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Depends what you call the sound of silence, me personally, I don't put the sound of silence anywhere near the annoyance of my Tinnitus, the sound of silence was something I treasured before this!

Before I got T, I could sit in a silent environment and get total silence.

I have discussed this on another thread about weather Tinnitus is a natural state when all sound is extinguished in a given environment and considering there has been no proper scientific experiments done to either prove or disprove this theory conclusively, except for the Heller and Bergman experiment in 1953 and considering all subjects were told it was a hearing test, the results should have been rejected just on that bases alone, it was a very shoddy experiment and until a proper one is done that considers all variables, it will remain an unproven theory!

http://www.tinnitus.org/HB_Nov00.pdf

Nice to see another Kiwi on here, I think that makes three of us.

13. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      I disagree. I often read how many people here have this opinion that it's impossible for a human to hear complete silence, but that was the case for me. Before I got tinnitus I was actually able to "hear" 100 % silence. No ringing, no hissing, no cars driving by, no noice at all. This gift has been taken from me like a mother who have lost her child.

14. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think it's possible when people are unaware of tinnitus and have never given any sort of thought to it. Their brain has never sought it out. That's why I think that when people say "O' yea ringing in the ears, I have that, it's never bothered me" they are thinking that because they can hear a little sound in complete silence they know what we're going through.

Me, before my onset I used to love silence, it would be how I relaxed. If I was in complete silence could I hear a faint sound? I don't think so, but I can't say for sure. I did a hearing test 6 months ago in a silent sound booth and don't remember hearing anything till the test started.

15. baz 22
      Alone

baz 22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      0/10 no I don't think so. But sometimes it reduces considerably and I can sit and watch tv without an annoying noise. But sometimes it goes the other way and pisses me of.