1 Month and Feeling Better

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Frank .O, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Frank .O

Frank .O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High Frequency Hearing Loss
      Hello everyone, I got T about a month ago. At first I was a mess, my T was loud and very intrusive. High pitched Kettle whistle in my right ear. I was extremely depressed, my anxiety through the roof. I had very dark thoughts, I lost my job due to lack of sleep. I though my life was over. Well I'm posting to say that a month later I'm doing so much better.

I no longer let myself tag negative thoughts to my T. I've accepted it and no I'm moving on with my life. Things that helped me were Amitriptyline, Sleep Phones at first, now a Speaker Pillow. I found the Speaker Pillow to Be very effective to help me sleep. I also just recently got hearing aids with white noise maskers. I go 3 hrs now some days without noticing my T. The trick is not to fuel your anxiety and stress about it. Just accept it and move forward.

I'm much more happy now and getting on with my life. In June I'm going to the Cleveland Clinics Tinnitus Management Clinic. At this point I've come so far on my own that I doubt I really need to go. But I've commited so I'm going anyways.

I also wanted to say to new T sufferers that this by no means a success story quite yet, but just hang in there because over time it does get better.

So many wonderful people all told me that on Tinnitus Talk in the beginning when I was freaking out. Be strong, don't give up. Give it time as hard as it may seem but it will get better. I don't at all have any negative thoughts about T anymore. A month ago I'd of never thought that possible.

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      do you wear the maskers all day? does it decrease the tinnitus? what kind of sounds does it play? do you have any hearing loss? the antidepressant didn't change your tinnitus at all? thanks!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Frank .O

Frank .O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High Frequency Hearing Loss
      I just got the maskers yesterday, I wear them for about 6 -8hrs. It doesn't decrease it so much as it makes my brain focus on the white noise instead. It plays 2 different types of White Noise, and 1 Pink Noise. I have Moderate/Severe High Frequency hearing loss. I can get by without the Hearind aid/ Masker but it does help. The Antidepressant makes it easier to not fixate and obsess about my Tinnitus. I found that just accepting it, and working hard to ignore it has helped tremendously. Sleep for me has been the hardest thing, once I got that under control I became less and less bothered by it in general. Speaker Pillow is wonderful and now I sleep every night.

4. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Yeah, what people just starting to deal with T need to be reminded that eventually their brain will change and adapt and it will stop creating such a negative response to the T and stress and depression will drop significantly. So its not so much of having to hang in there and endure the hell for no reason, a change will happen. Their beautiful mind will actually alter and just not give a shit as much. Its not magic, its not hopeful wishing. It's an event that will happen and thats the moment they need the hang in for. I think when newcomers know this specific fact, that its not just wishful thinking but a factual healing measure that will happen, I think it will help them during that waiting period. And that this is, at the very least, going to happen as it could be even better and go away on its own. But at the very least, your brain will change for the better and not care so much automatically.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. Tinizzy
      Wishful

Tinizzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Like Like x 1
    6. VincentWinters
      Dreaming

VincentWinters Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thats wonderful.

7. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      I can't take those kind of comments seriously from people who still browse this site. People say they're here to help noobs but we all know the real reason. They want it gone just as much as the rest of us.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      First of all, I think its insensitive of you to refer to people going thru the initial trauma of dealing with T as "noobs". I also never stated I am here to help people so I don't know where you got that idea as my mission. A lot of people have more experience then others with T and I think its very helpful to share all of our experiences. Otherwise why do new people even come here? Sharing knowledge I think is incredibly valuable. And of course everyone wants it to go away. You would have to be crazy not to want T to go away. But did it ever occur to you that people want both? To help others and to want their on T to go away? You're post seems very jaded and if you are dealing with something related to T, then you should ask for help rather then attack others.

9. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Noob is just a term for new person. Call a rose by any other. There's a lot of people who pretend they don't care about it anymore, yet they still browse here so they clearly do. Sure they may also want to help but we all see their game. I'm just saying they're not fooling anyone.