1 Year and Much Much Better

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ryand, Dec 3, 2016.

1. ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Maybe Dec 2015 - the buzz was low prior
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diet or TMJ Jaw Inflammation and Clenching??
      If you just got Tinnitus it will go away or your life will return to a differnet good and happy normal. Someone told me once, and the way I look at it is worrying about how you got it and how you solve only makes you suffer twice. There's so many things I've learned from having T, getting it to chill and maybe making it be a thing of the past now. About 1 Year ago, I went to a loud ass concert, (a shitty ass Elton John - Billy Joel impersonations) was finishing a year of invisalign braces (retainer softness made me clench a lot), was clenching my ass off because a family members life was been destroyed by alcohol. I have 2 cool teens that I love but both of them started to drive a car at that time, very stressful and worrisome. I had almost every reason to get Tinnitus , ear bud use, stomach sleeping, clenching (TMJ), over thinking and a life of loud power tool use. But because of ideas from this forum, positive attitude, my morning T shakes, Gluten + Salt light diet, sound therapy, hypnosis, active release , acupuncture and therapy I'm recovering. Shit I've tried everything but I think it's working and I will not give up. My hearing tests since the concert have also improved (which I can share) I think because of a really healthy diet and vitamins.

I stayed at my job and kept it going, 1 year now. I'm blessed and proud of that. But, one day I realized at home that the both ear-ed buzz kinda goes away when I'm learning something cool, happy and distracted. Maybe a stress related holding tension in my jaw thing is released. I was tinkering in my garage that was dirty and filled with boxes of shit. So I thought and figured out what I really really like to do. And that was making things. Anything, wood working (with ear plugs) , 3D printing , making t-shirts, apps, buttons, sewing, what ever the hell makes me feel good and productive.

So I'm turning my garage into a maker space. a distraction space. a hack lab. A place to make anything I want. Maybe to help people. A place to be distracted, listen to music and be just in the moment. I would love ideas and even for some of you to join me. I think the Tinnitus is going away because I'm relaxing and getting my life back but I've also do so many things suggested by amazing people here at TinnitusTalk, like a sound therapy music list I made from tips here. Honestly I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing , but I'm doing something right. Right now I'm making something in my shop that you can make to help achieve the full habit of sleeping on your back. It a weird looking pillow. Side sleeping and stomach are not great for your neck, back muscles, SCMs or the "myofacial connector skin" around your ear structures. (I may have made that term up) , but Trust me. So you can watch my new youtube channel where I'll put my tinnitus recovery playlist or just get distracted yourself with something you love or use to like and make a habit of the best advice you've been given and stay at it. I think my web site I share on this site has some of the things I'm doing, but it an older page.

Here's my 1st video on the making of my maker shop. Subscribe to see more there, Woah, I have 3 subscribers! I prob won't post them and maybe join me in making things that help people with T.

I know what you're going thru, I've had it loud with ear pain, still have it a little and it will get better, and better.

Love Ryan

How to Build a Maker Shop - Part 1

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. AuntSally

AuntSally Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I do hope it will get better and better for you and I think you are doing everything right :)

3. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Thanks for your story! :)

4. Themoon

Themoon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Hi Ryand,

I would like to know where have you got this information? I thought lsepping on the back was not good. Thanks for your answer.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Maybe Dec 2015 - the buzz was low prior
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diet or TMJ Jaw Inflammation and Clenching??
      My chiro told me that, however my TMJ dentist recently told me back sleeping may bring my jaw back (gravity) opposite of what my splint is trying to do. I was surprised. This is my 2 cents, but Back is the best with the right head pillow (readily available) and a firm mattress for supporting neck and posture however each person will know based on how they feel the next day.