2 Months In, Looking for Someone with a Similar Situation

Discussion in 'Support' started by NickCole, Jun 8, 2018.

1. NickCole

NickCole Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Somebody shouting into my ear in a loud club.
      I'm 36 years old. Was at a club where the music was very loud. A friend shouted into my ear to tell me something, and it hurt. It was exactly 2 months back.

I've had a high pitched noise almost constantly since that night, in that (left) ear. It's not overpowering, but noticeable. I'm not affected by it, emotionally, but I'd like to know where I stand.

My father has bad tinnitus from working in a loud environment for 20 years, and has gone through bouts of depression and anxiety because of it. From what he describes his to be like, mine is nothing compared to it. I've heard people describe their tinnitus as the attention-grabbing noise like the centre of your vision. Mine is just a background high-pitched noise.

I don't go to clubs often, and I had purchased ear protection for a concert the week previous, but forgotten it that night.

My ear canals are narrow and have a bend in them, which has resulted in my having my ears syringed perhaps 4 times in my life, and one round of ear suctioning. Each 2 years I end up with wax build-up which needs removing.

I believe I am due wax removal, since I can tell they are getting full of wax. I wonder whether removing the wax will stop the high pitched noise.

Now that I have this ringing in my left ear, I do not wish to have micro-suctioning due to the amount of noise it produces and potential worsening of the tinnitus.

I do not wish to have syringing, even with the newer jets, for fear that it will also worsen the sound.

I do not wish to put hydrogen peroxide 3% in my ear in case there is damage to the ear-drum.

I could perhaps look into dry instrument removal at a clinic that uses Jobson Horne probes or curettes, or simply put a bit of olive oil in over time.

Any opinions on my situation would be received with heartfelt thanks.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      NickCole

NickCole Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Somebody shouting into my ear in a loud club.
      My god I've just read some people's posts and my heart goes out to them. Mine is seriously nothing compared to those poor souls. Just wanted to say that.

• Hug Hug x 1