2 Weeks Until Due Date...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      So as many of you know I'm pregnant and have been dealing with this tinnitus for 10 weeks now give or take. I was told it may be hormonal/pregnancy or extra blood volume related and that it may improve after pregnancy.. So my due date is fast approaching (a little over 2 weeks, due the 24th) but my dr is going to try and induce labor using an in office procedure on the 18th (for medical reasons) which is less then 2 weeks away. I'm getting nervous!

I'm nervous to take any kind of medication offered in the hospital for fear of it worsening my tinnitus. I delivered my 2nd child naturally but afterwards I did use Tylenol 3 and ibuprofen for pain control .. I'm nervous even something like that may make it worse.. I'm also trying not to get my hopes up that it will go away even though that's hard to do . I feel like I may have banked a lot up on the hope that this may be temporary and I am worried if it doesnt go away a few weeks or a few months after birth I'm going to end up let down and going through all of the 'new' anxieties all over again.

I'm worried lack of sleep with a newborn and two other children will make it worse and I'll be in worse condition then I am now! I know I have no control over these things and I should just try and relax but as things are approaching so quickly I just find myself with a lot of fears mainly surrounding my tinnitus.

I'm also excited for baby, don't get me wrong but sometimes my fears (even if they're irrational) over power my excitement and joy. Just looking for some support and any advise you wonderful people have to offer! :)

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi @Natalie Roberts
      I have followed your story and if you keep to your strategy of mindfulness / CBT you will be fine. My inspiration is @I who love music who shows there's light at the end of the tunnel with his brand of mindfulness. Although it takes time. Wishing you every happiness for the future. Phil

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you. I am still meeting with the teacher who is going over the meditation techniques with me twice a week and still learning. Thank you for your kind words. While I've been coping okay lately and obviously doing much much better then I was initially I just need a little extra support now as everything is getting 'real' as they say and I'm about to totally shake up my life with a new little person to care for.

• Like Like x 1
    4. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Natalie Roberts Natalie, best wishes for an easy delivery and congratulations. :) Try to concentrate on your baby and all the joy he/she is bringing to your life. Hopefully you have someone to help you at least the first few weeks. Being busy with the baby may distract you from t. and hopefully it would go away all together after you deliver. Will say a prayer for you. Hugs.

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you! I have two other small kiddos (2 and 5) and yes I have a very supportive partner who will be helping me with everything.. I'm just so worried about how all of this will pan out after baby! Tinnitus has robbed me of enjoying a part this pregnancy and I hate that.

6. Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Natalie again is this your first tinnitus experience or did you have it in your other pregnancies? I really want more kids but I am scared to go through tinnitus at the level it was in my first pregnancy and even my 2nd which as mentioned I miscarried. I wish I could have a normal pregnancy like normal issues you would expect to occur not tinnitus. Its hard because only having 1 child I know I want another not just for myself and my partner but for my daughter to so she will have a sibling. Hormones must be the cause for it to start or spike in pregnancy x

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I had fleeting tinnitus before this which I never paid much attention to as it was only short bursts (1 minute or less) and then it would go away and I only experienced it every so often and not regularly so it was not an issue. I think most everyone has this, right? Anyway, around 28 weeks pregnant I noticed a sound in my ear (or head, who really knows) that was like the fleeting tinnitus only it didn't go away.. It's been there ever since to some degree or another and is reactive to other sounds. My hearing is also sensitive to certain voices and loud noises. I did not have this problem with either of my other 2 pregnancies..

I did go to the ent and had a hearing test and they say I do have mild hearing loss in one ear so that could possibly be the cause of it could be pregnancy related (which makes more sense since onset during pregnancy).. Now it's just a wait and see approach. I was told by the ENT and my perinatologist it could improve (or go away) immediately or a few weeks to a few months after delivery or it could stick around until I'm no long breastfeeding if it's hormonal.

So I'm just waiting to see what happens.. I totally understand your frustration. I just want to have a normal pregnancy with normal pregnancy related issues.. My OBGYN hasn't had any patients with tinnitus that started during pregnancy so she hasn't been much help unfortunately.. So all I have to go on is what the ent and perinatologist said, what others on this form have told me and of course stuff I can read online.. I'm sorry to read about your miscarriage, also. :( your T improved after you delivered your first child right? How long did it take?

8. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Natalie, maybe after the birth, your tinnitus will fade away. If it started during pregnanacy, then maybe it will go away afterwards. I really hope so. Looking after a baby is exhausting enough, I'm sure. Here's hoping all the best for you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is what I am hoping! The hearing test did show mild hearing loss in one ear however my dr said pregnancy can actually change hearing or vision (which is why they recommend not getting fitted for glasses during pregnancy). It just does all shorts of strange things to your body! So they encouraged me to take the hearing test again once everything settled down from the birth! :)

10. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Mand b,
      Lovely to see you on TT ...lots of love glynis

11. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Natalie Roberts ,
      Won't be long now duck before your little one arrives and wishing you lots of luck that your tinnitus will settle down after your bundle of joy arrives. ..lots of love glynis x

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Natalie it took around 18 months for mine to fully settle down after the birth but in that time it fluctuated so it wouldn't of always been bad days. I was unwell and anxious then anyway so its hard to say if I would of improved sooner if i felt okay x

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Glynis I hope your okay? And thanks lol. I think i like this forum :) x

14. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi mand b,
      It's a lovely forum and friendly.
      @Michael Leigh is on it also .
      Hope your ears have settled down.
      Going the doctors tomorrow as ears are being really naught....lots of love glynis x

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Oh no whats wrong? I hope everything goes well and you can get sorted. My ears are still bad if I'm honest but seeing ENT a week tomorrow because been getting sum discomfort/mild pain to. Yes I have spoken to Michael he remembered me lol. I do like how lively this forum is and lots to read x

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Mand b I know what you mean! Mine also fluctuates. One-two good days followed by louder "bad day". The good days keep me going and on my bad days I just remember usually I get a break so that helps. Mine also fluctuates by the time of the day whereas the mornings and evenings are the worst so I know when it gets bad at night, it will be better when I go to sleep. I don't know! We all have to cope somehow.. I hope you're well.

• Like Like x 1