3 Week Update

Discussion in 'Support' started by Scott T, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      3 weeks since I've had this insane T spike or further damage from micro suction. It's sucks so bad. My T before I pretty much habituated to a 1/2 out of 10 when but now it's a constant 8. I go on vaca this week with my family to the Delaware shores. Which is usually filled with drinking, food, laughs and a lot of golf. Don't feel that there is a point in me gojng except for my daughter. I keep the hope that this will return to baseline as people said including my ENT. I have accepted the fact that this is a permanent condition but like everyone else I pray that this spike disipates.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      Can you mask your T ? And what caused the initial episode?
      I have unmaskable t for 4 months since SSHL
      Also severe hearing loss
      My anxiety is over after 4 weeks of hell
      Go to your trip and enjoy!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      The initial episode took place 8 years ago after ear syringing. Went to ENT 3 weeks ago cause my sinuses were hurting and I had was in a spike. She removed the wax and since then its been a rollercoaster. No hearing loss but this f**** ringing that wont let up.

4. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I am sorry to hear of your increase. I don't have any advise that you don't already know as it appears you 've had more T experience then me, however I think you should go on your vacation. I find I focus less on my T when I'm happy, busy and enjoying myself with my family. Maybe the change of pace will help you.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      Did not take .5mg on klonopin last night and my T is raging today and was last night where it woke me up. I am trying to fight this demon but I am losing the battle. Why cant this ringing just go back to baseline. And of course I google the hell out this and I start looking for answers and looking at diagrams of hair cells and wondering what mine look like. I have had my T for years and habituated to it to that point where I would notice it during a spike, bad weather, when I would read in silence and if someone said "Do you still have that rinign in your ear". This may sound strange but at some points the old T was almost comforting but now this is so out of control.

I had acupuncture appt scheduled for today but I do not want anyone going near my ears especially with needles and after googling everything alot of people say that this does not work. I met the CBT therapist last week who made it out to be that it was my fault for having this and that good thoughts and dieting cure all. My ENT said that acoustic trauma can take 1-2 months to let T subside but I feel like they dont really know anything.

Vacation is on the horizon which I am trying to stay positive for but it so hard. You feel alone when know one around you understands this. Luckily this forum is available but it seems for every one positive "it will go away" you get the 5 negative stories that makes you lose hope and faith that habituation and the T going back to baseline will never happen.

I keep blaming myself for my getting my ears cleaned out because I had ear pain, weird drainage in my throat and what felt like fluid being discharged.

If this could ever return to baseline ( I have accepted that fact that it is never going away) it would actually improve my quality of life by 100%

6. April
      No Mood

April Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/05/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible whiplash
      Tinnitustalk really keeps us all informed of advancements being made so stay in the loop to know what research and procedures seem helpful.

People don't understand that socializing can be exhausting with tinnitus but I hope that you go on vacation and do the best you can. I tell friends and family that I may have to have some quiet time by myself if I am on an extended outing and they're ok with that . . .no suck it up, rolling eyes. This works for me. Wish I was back to my former self but I'm doing the best I can and my new life seems manageable. It takes time so try to enjoy your summer.