5 Steps or Little More... Glimmer of Hope

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Nina Saleh, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably neck pain, stress, sleep issues
      Hey x

For starters this is the first time I feel like sharing my story hoping it could be beneficial to someone so please bear with me...

I've had tinnitus since March 1st 2017 and I have absolutely no idea what the reason is, one night I slept and woke up with it... inboth ears

First stage... was a denial phase and I thought that this thing will just take sometime and then go away, but of course it didn't...

I've spent the first couple of weeks in hell literally, I was screwed mentally, physically in all sorts of ways...

I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, started to lose weight and then every inch of my body collapsed & it ended with a huge nerve breakdown, I thought I was going to die or may be I wished to...
      I was hoping for at least a 30 minute nap... Out of desperation I used to take the bus or the train just to have my eyes closed during a 30 minute ride from and back to home... My only dream was just to get some sleep.. My Husband at first was not getting what I'm going through which drove me more insane .. We live in Dubai and he travels a lot for work... most of the time I was breaking down home alone. So, I decided to go back to my Country, stay with my family and find some cure...

And like everybody else who have this annoying shit, I have seen a countless number of doctors (ENTs, Neurologists, even internists), done all the tests and check ups possible.-. They gave me some medications to go home with and that was it...

I started using them for a week or two and nothing changed so I stopped taking them and decided to take care of this on my own with the help of my Father... He's a doctor so he helped me doing some research about Tinnitus in order to find any kind of relief so I can get back to my Life...

After several months of studying , researching and trying many things, my tinnitus pitch became quite lower than before except for some days for example, before or during Menopause it wakes up for sometime then gets low again... So I'd like to share what I have been doing for almost 2 months now and I just started to feel the difference, it took me some commitment and hell of patience:

1- In the morning: I take 1tsp of Manuka Honey (with a plastic Spoon) , then 1 tablet of Apple Cider vinegar (120mg)

2- After 30 minutes from breakfast I take one tablet of each -(all at the same time)-: Betaserc (tablets 16 mg), dried garlic powder (tablets 300mg) , Vita Zinc (capsules 175 mg) & Ginkgo Bilbao (Capsules 260 mg)

3- Before or after my second meal I take one Capsule of Cod Liver Oil (1000 mg) But this is because my Vitamin D in the blood test was very low.

4- After 30 minutes from dinner I repeat step number 2.

5- At night I take another tablet of Apple Cider Vinegar (120mg) and before sleep I take one tablet of Melatonin ( 3 mg)

I also take a Vitamin B12 shot twice a week and I also do LLLT (low laser Light therapy) sessions 3 to 4 times a week ( frequency for the auditory canal (650nm) and the mastoid bone (830nm )

Some Important Notes:

-Run a full Blood test and also have a check on your neck , jaws and brain.

-If you happen to know a good acupuncturist who knows what they are doing, have some sessions right away...

-Keep yourself busy ; my worst days of Tinnitus were the ones I stayed home in bed not wanting to see anyone or do anything.

-Indulge yourself in a hobby or an activity that you like and PLZ get good sleep every night even if you have to fight for it because sleepless nights call for this bugger to ring louder, the Melatonin really helps (have the room as dark as you can and play something in the background, I use a fan that's sound is high or play white noise on my phone in the bad days )

I apologize if this was too long, yet I really hope it helps because this experience for me was and still is heart and mind breaking to know that many people in this world suffer from it and other people have no idea how much it can break down the person. However, I'm sure it's not going to last long and there will be a cure soon XX

• Helpful Helpful x 5
      • Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You might be taking too much melatonin:

https://vanwinkles.com/the-dark-side-downsides-side-effects-of-melatonin
      "In 2001, researchers at MIT concluded that the correct dosage for melatonin falls between .3 and 1 mg."

Having said this, melatonin might help with T, so perhaps it is a good idea to take a lot of it if it doesn't make you too drowsy the next day.

My zinc supplement has a note on the bottle saying that it should be taken several hours before and after other medication. If this is what yours says too, consider not taking it with Ginkgo Biloba.

Do you think Betaserc might be helping with your T?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bill Bauer
      Melatonin 3mg is safe as and it helps making u relaxed, for me it's better than taking sth for anxiety or anti depressants.
      Concerning the zinc, i have checked the prescription, it doesn't mention anything about taking other pills before or after a while, may be ur zinc has more ingredients to it than zinc? Im not sure..
      Actually there are some drugs such as "tinnitus formula" it has ginkgo Bilbao, zinc and garlic all in one capsule.
      Betaserc helps me in a way . I actually stopped taking it for few days to see of it's making a difference, and for me it makes little Change. The ringing doesn't disappear yet its tone is a bit lower..

• Like Like x 1
    4. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Hi @Nina Saleh ,

Does taking Apple Cider Vinegar make your T spike at all?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @another sean
      Hey Sean. To be honest at first, it did
      But after a while I started to feel the difference of having a lower pitch of my T
      This week I have minimized the supplement dosage to once a day
      For example the ACV I only take it once every morning as well as the garlic, zinc and ginkgo I take them once per mid day

• Like Like x 1