5-Year Anniversary with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by WaqasVic, Dec 10, 2017.

1. WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is way different than all of you , ask me how
      So how many years it's been for you with tinnitus?

:rockingbanana:

Alright guys today is like the fifth anniversary of me with my tinnitus. My tinnitus is very, very weird. Weirder than most yours here.

It started as low, like everyone. Mostly on the left side. Then it went away for like a year or two. Then it came back for like 2 weeks and went away for some months, and now it's back again for like months and it's pretty loud now. Lef side, not in the ears but in the head - mostly on the left side.

Sometimes it's ehhhhh, sometimes it's eh eh eh eh...

I don't think salt or anything triggers it. My thoughts trigger it.

When I'm busy my tinnitus goes zero. I repeat zero. When I'm stressed (about the tinnitus only), it's 10/10.

White noise helps a lot. Sometimes mornings are bad, sometimes days are bad, night aren't bad.

No hearing loss, opening jaw makes it worse. Opening the jaw makes the tinnitus loud, kind of crackle noise.

Most importantly the main pattern of my tinnitus is... One day it's loud, next day it's 3/10, 2/10 or even 0/10...

When it's not there I feel so normal, when it's there I feel bad but I manage.

It's alaways there but it's like 1/10. My hearing is 0% affected in these 5 years.

Thank you, cheers. :)

Sorry guys English is not my first language.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      12-14years.
      Love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      1 year and 2 months..how has your t been after 5 yrs?

4. Rainbowsheep
      Cheerful

Rainbowsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, I suppose
      3 years with T so manageable and mild that I wouldn't even think about it. Four months with a much louder, but still only moderate T. Needless to say I will take care of my ears from now on and hopefully it will stay this way until someone has figured out how to treat this damn noise in our heads!

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh it's louder, left side tho. But I can manage. My T is never 24/7. But when it's loud, it's loud. In the head not the ears. My major trigger is stress. One day it's loud next day it is low even 0/10.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For some reason no matter how loud mine is, a pink noise or a blue noise helps me a lot.

7. Thereisnogod
      Suicidal

Thereisnogod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011 & 02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Since 2011, so mild and only in one ear I never gave it a second thought. I was 20 years old when it happened. It had no influence on my life AT ALL, I didn't search the internet or anything (thus, never wore earprotection and happily continued using my headphones/earphones). Sometimes I still wonder how my ears handled the continues beating for years.

Until February this year when I had my first permanent spike and spread from 1 to 2 ears and increased in volume. The only thing that never changed: I never experience temporary spikes, food does not affect it, stress does not affect it, nothing at all. The only difference between 2011-2016 and now? Suicidal ever since the day my first permanent spike begun. But hey, volume doesn't matter right? It's the reaction to the sound that matters is what they always say. Makes me think, it's about the reaction you have towards the sound, but the volume is what gave me this reaction in the first place. Peace.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.

Totally feel ya but when you are having a rough one those dark thoughts always cross my mind. Last night was a rough one for me. I slept late that day so when I tried to go to sleep I could not and we all know what happens. It went from ringing to buzzing and even with some of my best masking sounds my T was finding holes in it. I eventually fell asleep and of course i am now back to normal today..thank god

• Like Like x 1
    9. Graindorge

Graindorge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and deafness
      It's been ten years. Started with getting a bit hard of hearing and a moderate hissing sound. I have progressively become more deaf and tinnitus gradually worsened. Now I can't hear without hearing aids, and my tinnitus has mutated into a severe very loud humming, which is maddening. Have struggled with depression and anxiety over it. I am now careful about loud noise exposure because the nerve damage is bad and sensitive. I use my white noise program on my hearing aids, take antidepressants, get lots of exercise, and try to stay busy to not think about it so much. Am beginning to accept it, is not so debilitating as it was. Has been the most devastating thing I've ever had to cope with. Very pleased to have found this forum. Is impossible to understand this condition without enduring it yourself. I get annoyed sometimes when I discuss it wit people and they say, oh yeah I have that ringing in my ears sometimes too. I'm like, man no you don't understand. Mine is so loud it drowns out everything and never goes away. Is a constant trigger for fear and misery, if I don't try to be rational and mindful each day. Anyhow, it is consoling to see here that I'm not alone. Peace.

• Hug Hug x 1