6 Months and Some Good News

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by josh77, Dec 30, 2015.

1. josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      Hey Everyone, I'll try and give the quick version of how/when and what has helped.

The when and how:
      Early July I went to a 3 day concert. Was in the section behind the stage and it was painfully loud. I should have moved but it there was no other open space and I was due for some fun.

Next:

over the next few week it was annoying. Then it started to affect my sleep. Then one day I woke up with vertigo. Never had it before or since. After that day, the ringing became much louder and persistant. It took me out of my normal life to the point i wouldn't leave the room with the fan, masking music and playing chess on my iPad for a distraction. I hate to say it but it does make you a bit suicidal as it seem hopeless.

Good news:

My sister was out to visit for the holiday and takes Klonopin for anxiety. At this point I didn't care if it was addictive or had any other side effects. I had only slept 2 or 3 hours followed by 20 hours of insanity for the past month. I took a .5 mg pill, the volume and tone went down to a sleepable level and I felt relaxed. I still needed the masking music but was able to turn it down to a volume that did not keep me awake.

My thoughts:

It's only been a few days but I have my life back for now and able to think clearly. I know a lot of people say "stay away" from these meds but when your other option is seep deprivation torture, taking this little pill that allows me to sleep then live life the next day, is 100% worth it for me.

If anyone wants a copy of the masking music that works for me, happy to upload or email. I did use a frequency tester and had that frequency removed. Its the only background music that works for me. I know everyone is different but I hope I'm able to provide some help to others. If you know your frequency, I'll remove it for you and upload. Free of course. Just hope it helps

• Like Like x 1
    2. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      @josh77 People that take klonopin and have tinnitus on this board advise strongly to not create dependency. Take it short term and in small doses, otherwise you mind end up with permanent tinnitus increase when you will go to withdrawal and thats something you want to avoid.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Drug reaction is a highly personal thing. I had to use Ativan, another Benzo like Klonopin but quicker acting, as well as Prozac, a SSRI, and sleeping pills just to survive each day for at least the first 6-8 months. @Kathi has to use a low dosage of Xanax to function initially and as of her recent postings. I didn't have adverse reaction from Ativan and phasing out gradually didn't give me hell either. So each person is different. It is advisable to involve your doctor in monitoring the drug usage and subsequent phasing out. But when people can't function due to the immense suffering initially, a sufferer should consult the doctors to see if they can use these meds given their current health condition.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      I use Zanax to help when the T is real bad. I take 1/2 of a .05 mg. pill because I'm afraid I will become addicted. It helps allot with the anxiety I feel when the T is real bad.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      @Xorthian It seem to already have " permanent tinnitus" as nothing I've seen states it's just going to go away.
      Taking it "short term" sounds like a good plan unless I can't sleep then can't function. I was at the point. It's the ONLY thing that lets me sleep. Doctors are useless. They wanted to give me a steroid shot and have me take oral steroids for a couple weeks.This was after they confirmed there was not infection. Wackos. Anyways, I'd rather be dependent on klonopin and live then be in a sleep deprived psychotic state. If your T is so bad you can never sleep until complete exhaustion then wake up 2 hours later to even louder T, give it a try. Get your life back then figure out a better course of action if addiction is an issue. I only take .5 mg at night. Sleep great and it seems to quite it the next day. Thecold air does bring it back a bit but other than that I feel like I've come through a tragic event.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      @quiteplease Glad to hear zanax is working.

7. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      Dude i have multiplie tinnitus sounds so trust me when i say its possible to make your life even worse if you damage your hearing or brain in new ways.
      I had noise trauma, them added to this infection/antibiotics. Cant imagine having another sound for ex. From AD dependency.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      We all have to pick risk vs benefit. I was not functional so it's worth the risk. I take a low dose (.5mg) at night. If this is enough to "damage my brain and hearing" then no one should take it for any reason. I simply don't believe it's going to cause serious damage. Negative comments about it may keep someone in serious need of help from trying it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1