6+ Years Tinnitus/Visual Snow/Vertigo

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fabio, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Fabio

Fabio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone,

I'm Fabio and I've had tinnitus, vertigo, and visual snow for over 6 years. I have my good bays and bad, but lately I've truly been digging into finding some relief as it's starting to control parts of my life and turn me into a negative person.

I'm not sure what triggered this all to begin with, but I am sure that it has changed the way I live my life, and at this point, it's to a debilitating degree.

I work as a writer, and over the past few years, I've seen a sharp decline in my ability to focus and retain information. My vision is covered in a static, and my left ear is constantly ringing. Add to that, my vertigo comes in and out in waves which doesn't make things any easier.

Before this all started I used to have to sleep in silence, and write in silence. Now, I can't sleep or work without having a noise-cancelling machine in the background, or headphones to negate the sound of the ringing (no temporary fixes for the visual snow yet).

I've tried going to "regular" doctors, an (asshole) ENT, and a non-traditional homeopathic doctor, all of which have had little to no help in helping. We all hope that eventually there will be some cure for any/all of our ailments, but in the meantime we are forced to live a life of continuous stress which only "We" understand.

I'd like to know if any of you have had luck with avoiding/eating certain foods, and what treatments (if any) have helped you out. I'm willing to try new things, as I don't have anything to lose, and everything to gain.

Sincere thanks.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Have your doctors said anything about the vertigo?

For some people sweets, caffeine, and too much sodium can make the tinnitus worse. There are a lot of things to try in the Treatments and Alternative Treatments sections, but as I'm sure you already know there's no miracle cure.