Adderall Seems to Help My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by smapti, Jul 22, 2020.

1. smapti

smapti Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1991
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infections
      Has anyone else experienced this? I think that my "horrible swishing tinnitus" is exactly the same as it has been recently - "wish me luck and good hope that it changes back to my normal state, please".

But after I pop a 30mg Adderall pill in the late morning, even though I still hear it and am aware of it, I don't seem to focus on it so much.

The only thing I'm worried about is that it might be one of the culprits that is making my tinnitus worse. However, I haven't found any information about it being ototoxic.

Even though Xanax has helped me fall asleep much more quickly these days, I consider it a shortcut, and therefore "cheating". Not only that, but I'm afraid that the Xanax may be the culprit behind my new "swishing" sounds. That and I'm afraid to be addicted to it.

Either way - I just wanted to say that I think Adderall works in helping take your mind off the sound for a while. Once again, it doesn't make it go away. But maybe it just helps you focus on it much less than usual.

2. Melissa99

Melissa99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss
      Hi!

You are the only person that I have found on the entire internet that’s had the same experience as me.

I’ve recreationally taken Adderall a few times over the past year since my sudden single sided hearing loss/tinnitus onset and each time have woken up to silence.

At first, I thought it was coincidence. Generally, I have 1 good day per week, 2-3 tolerable days, and 2-3 debilitating days. The hearing loss is no big deal - the thing I can’t deal with is the stupid ringing. Everything I’ve been told is to avoid stimulants - but seemed like I was having the opposite experience.

It happened again this past weekend, and I finally emailed my doctor, came clean about my recreational use, and asked if we could trial it. He easily agreed, and gave me 2 weeks of 10 mg immediate release tabs. Took my first dose this morning. So now we wait. My tinnitus is at around a 4 out of 10 today, so I’m in a normally manageable day. Not good, not bad.

Since no one really understands tinnitus, I feel like we all just have to experiment and see what works best for us.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    3. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      This is fascinating! Please keep us posted. There are some other people here who use Adderall, but results are mixed.

How do you react to alcohol, Sudafed and coffee?

4. xerpes

xerpes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      Would love to hear if you have an update. :)