Advice to Keep Tinnitus Away

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mayo, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Mayo
      Amazed

Mayo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17 September 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold? Had it ever since
      I'm not sure anymore. My T is still there when I move my jaw, but it's mostly gone. But after a month of tinnitus, silence sounds really weird. No seriously! Like, there's no sound in my head anymore, cept for the occasional buzz.
      So I need advice. I don't ever wanna get tinnitus. What are your advice to have a (hopefully) tinnitus free life?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mayo,
      Fantastic news..x.
      Keep stress levels down and over thinking.
      Eat well,sleep well and try keep colds at bay keeping warm.
      Try not use head phones and ear phones and protect your ears around prolonged loud sounds.
      Most will come natural so enjoy a lovely happy life ....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mayo
      Amazed

Mayo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17 September 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold? Had it ever since
      Thanks Glynis. I'm usually not a stressed person until the exams come which are 6 weeks away :)
      Funny thing is tho, I never used ear phones before i got tinnitus (for masking)!
      Thanks for you help :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Good luck in your exams....lots of love glynis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mayo
      Amazed

Mayo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17 September 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold? Had it ever since
      Few months later tinnitus is still stalking me but i dont give a damn anymore :]
      I think what really cured me was when i stopped visiting these websites and stopped reading horror stories. By horror stories im not trying to discriminate anyone whos undergone the tinnitus pain, but what im meaning is that it influences horror to us. Fear and panic of tinnitus makes it 100% worse.

I know some ppl will disagree with me, and its good that they do. People like glynis convinced me everything will be alright and look! everything is alright!

And to everyone coping with tinnitus, i wish you all for a speedy habituation/recovery :]

• Helpful Helpful x 1