Again an Unexpected Spike After a Scandal with Shouts from My Grandmother + a Dream

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Mar 11, 2018.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Hello! After a heavy spike on nerves, 2 months ago, I improved. This month passed so that I never even went to tinnitus talk. But recently, again, there was a scandal with my grandmother and her loud cries. And I got a painful spike. She does not hear well and therefore screams very loudly, especially when she is angry with me over trifles. I'm sad. I asked her not to scream so loud with me. But she does not understand at all. Now I'm waiting for everything to return to its previous level. Every scandal with her is a huge blow for me. I continue to take SSRIs. Do you think the spike should pass?

And a bit off topic:
      Today, I dreamed of my friends, with whom I began to communicate less in the last year, including because of tinnitus. So I can not lead the old way of life, socially-saturated. They continue a bright, saturated life, not knowing what tinnitus is. I was overwhelmed that I and my friend chose, standing at a bus stop, on which we should go. He got into a big bus and went to meet the sun and the rainbow, and I stayed under the dark rainy sky, and did not dare to sit in it, and only shook him by the hand. It is very symbolic. When I woke up, I cried for the first time in 2 months.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Definitely.
      Are you sure, given the fact that she does not hear well, you have not shouted, too? Because i think that your (possible) shouts may have contributed to the spike. Protect your years not only avoiding to be shouted at, but also do your best not to shout too, no matter how hard it is. Our own shouts are very damaging.
      What SSRI are you taking, i am curious?
      I wish you speedy recovery.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Your dream was very symbolic as you can imagine. Next time you're at that bus stop, get on the bus with your friend. If you hesitant, shake your friend's hand and have him help you on.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Consider having Peltor muffs with you at all times when she is nearby.
      Yes, it is most likely going to be temporary.

5. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Grandmother sounds dangerous. Send her to the Gulag (you still have a few tucked away there don't you?)

• Funny Funny x 1