Almost 1 Year Since Tinnitus Onset from Complex Cause (Cisplatin + Allergies)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MikeAMFM, Jun 21, 2020.

1. MikeAMFM

MikeAMFM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      complex
      Just doing an intro post before my first post.

Long story short.

Had a battle with big C and won in the early 2010's .

Cisplatin was one of the chemo agents (ototoxic, absolutely).

July 2019 had a big bout of a combination of allergies and possibly mold build up from old furniture. I went to doctor and said I had some chest wheezing. Then August 2019 went to a metal concert... I found that loud noise was real tough to handle... and that same week lights were a bit harsh to handle.

Now as far as the audio and visual 'hyper sensitivities', those basically have gone away... however the tinnitus which is a high pitched 'eeeeeeeeeeeee' was about the 7 year mark after Cisplatin...

Luckily it's not the flat intrusive tone... I've had a couple moments of that with some clicking... had my ears cleaned and fully checked for ear drum integrity 'pressure', and they came back 'negative' meaning fully functional.

My audiogram in both ears are the same.

About 10 dB 250-2000 Hz.
      25-35 dB 3000 Hz.
      40-50 dB 4000 Hz.
      60-70 dB 8000 Hz.

I'm basically thinking it is the Cisplatin + allergy trigger that has caused this...

Of note: Had an MRI, no effect on the tinnitus luckily and no major issue there.

Of note: When I exercise and are focused on a physical task... I notice that it drops... or becomes way less noticeable. Then I go home and sit down... it comes back...

Of note: EMFs absolutely have an impact... just not sure what to do really on that end...

Of note: I've read a lot of threads here and got some real good info on supplements and diet i.e. the no gluten thing is real... the 3g of Curcumin... etc.. I have a list of about 100 supplements that I'm going to post real soon. The Glutamate, Microglia, NMDA, Inflammation cycle is fascinating... I believe that the discipline required involves 'blood detox' (diet), 'gut health' through pre-probiotics' for Serotonin/Dopamine, Vagus Nerve optimization... all that fun stuff...

Of note: ENT just pushes the hearing aids and not much help... gave a prescription for a nose spray... I haven't done it because I want to tackle this from a diet/behaviour angle first.

Just want opinions on dosing and combinations etc. I find that 'anxiety and tinnitus' or any supplement that crosses BBB... it's all the same thing... there's only so many food choices, only so many supplements that one can take...

Of note: FX-322 for the sensorineural hearing loss... I'm sure that I qualify for their treatment... I'm going to inquire about their Phase 3 study...

Thanks for this place...

• Like Like x 2
    2. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Not sure what you're saying about "the no-gluten thing".

I've been gluten free for medical reasons since 2014 but my tinnitus only became severe last year. I believe there is zero benefit to your hearing on going gluten free and I've never seen any scientific evidence on the subject to change my mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeAMFM

MikeAMFM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      complex
      @Mister Muso I was just saying there's a thread here probably on every topic...

I am going to cross reference my own supplements research again here and try to get optimum dosing so when I do some combinations I don't waste a bottle... with taking too little.. .

Cheers.

4. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      @MikeAMFM Welcome to the forum by the way! Sorry if my previous response seemed a little tetchy. Congrats on your past recovery! Got a lot going on this week, but I'm glad you've found this place, it's a great place for helping figure out some coping mechanisms for us all to get through this thing.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeAMFM

MikeAMFM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      complex
      Just making an official post of what I am going to be trying.

Anti-Inflammatories
      Naka Nutri Cure v3 400mg/pill
      *LongVida* Curcumin which is able to cross BBB. It's 9:1 so one pill is equal to 3600mg.
      @JohnAdams, I read you are on a minimum of 3000mg of curcumin. Curious to see what you think.

BioMed NAG (N-Acetyl-Glucosamine) 500mg/pill (Thread on Tinnitus Talk)

NMDA Antagonist
      Naka Pro L-Theanine 250mg/pill

Neti Pot but I've read some conflicting information like people messing up their sinuses and getting worse but also that it can vastly help if the tinnitus is from allergies... which I think is one of the causes for me...

I got a list a mile long... I know that for many who read my first post know this is the supplement rabbit hole... but whatever... got to try until FX-322 gets here.

6. HopeforAll
      Curious

HopeforAll Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Pepcid? Airplane? Delayed onset from club 12 days b4
      I see no harm in trying a gluten free diet. I've heard stories of it helping people with varying ailments. I'm Celiac so have to be gluten-free. I believe I read a post of it helping someone. Best of luck.