Alright Guys, Not Sure What to Do, Need Some Advice (Ear Irrigation vs Suction and Questions)

Discussion in 'Support' started by grotulon, Mar 10, 2017.

1. grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So my T is very low, it's more of a white noise now than a ringing, my ear is clogged and it may be wax causing it, had it since the 5th of last month.

It goes down every week in volume, though at night it can get bad.

Recently went to an ENT, he asked no questions, just went to the minivac, it was extremely loud and I said NO thanks and left, he was rude.

My primary doctor said he would do irrigation, and wants me to use ear drops before coming in (The ENT just sprayed water into the ear for around 10 seconds with some medication in it, and went to down the ear is sore and still sensitive to sound, only been 6 hours.)

I have one of these at home:
      jo.jpg

and ear drops with carbamide peroxide. Is using that safe if I use it extremely gently, if not, how will I get the liquid I put into my ears out?

Also is irrigation safer than syringing, they say vacuuming is the safest, but that was EXTREMELY loud, and I am honestly surprised it doesn't just cause tinnitus instantly.

also the ear that was vacc'd for around 3-5 seconds has kind of an echo or maybe sensitive ring to it, is that normal and will it go away? It doesn't exist if the ear itself is plugged.

Also, would the sound changing so much indicate it getting better? 60 percent of the time it's white noise, and the rest is a ring, but only when going to bed, and to some external noises. It also doesn't react as badly to outside noises anymore.

but I will admit, that the ear he did suction, while sensitive to noise, I cannot hear the low white noise that was starting to form...

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Both treatments are fine for wax removal as long as you put olive oil drops in your ears 7-10 days before wax removal to soften the crusted wax around your drum..
      I don't recommend DIY treatments best left to the professionals....lots of love glynis

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Ear drops usually clear up wax totally for me.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      even when its hardened on the drum?

5. mysterygal

mysterygal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      If your ear wax is hardened on the eardrum, you have to be very careful. See an ENT and ask them what they would prescribe to soften it first. A lot of people on the forum recommend olive oil drops to soften their ear wax; haven't used it personally but I would if I need to do so. Best to get the wax safely removed by an ENT after it softens. You don't want to risk injuring your eardrum. Good luck!