Anti-Inflammatory Makes Ringing Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by josf3, Jan 30, 2017.

1. josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      I recently developed ringing in my ears after taking l-citrulline which converts to l arginine and is meant to increase blood flow.

I still don't know what happened but I have graves eye disease and take fish oil everyday to combat the inflammation, well after taking some of it the ringing got so much worse.

I have stopped taking the fish oil but I can not go long without it or else my eyes will get really bad. I have no idea what to do. Please help

2. Rings-a-Bell

Rings-a-Bell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic Trauma
      Strange... for a week when I was on high doses prednisone (anti-inflamatory) and a vasodilator (increase blood flow) my T was greatly reduced. There was no permanent effect though.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      My ears are also clogged and itchy. I think that maybe the nitric oxide produced from the supplement I took may have caused ear wax build up to become worse causing the tinnitus. I am going to try and remove the ear wax soon and hope it will be my answer. But I am worried that I might make it worse.

4. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Impacted wax can make T worse. Removal is a good idea. In my opinion anyway.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      Luke whats up bro, Im only 20 and got so many other problems to worry about, now I got tinnitus to. Every supplement I take keeps making the tinnitus louder its scary. I have no idea whats going on. How do you cope with this and still try to enjoy life with all the daily sounds in our life?

6. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      I'm 22, so i know how it feels! But i see you're in your first couple of weeks. Anxiety and stress could be what's heightening your reaction to T. But it will get better and possibly even go away. For now, the best thing to do is acknowledge it, let it in and just say " i hear you there, but i don't care". I found doing things i enjoy to keep my mind off it really helped in early stage. It takes time, but you brain will push it to the back in time and you probably won't even notice it most of the time.

I suggest seeing an ENT and having your ears checked for wax and also having hearing tests done to see if there is any loss.

I struggle with anxiety and depression, and they are a bad combination with T. But i take everything day by day.
      Feel free to Private message me at any time.

You can also try sounds to mask your Tinnitus.
      Most common ones are rain sound or white noise sounds.
      Rain, ocean, thunderstorms. Crickets even work for some people. Try and find something that covers your T. Youtube can help. I also have an app on my iphone called "Rain rain". Remember to play them just under the sound of your Tinnitus. It helps train your brain to push T into the "Not important" sounds.