Anxious Newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jaybeee, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      Hi All. My T started only a couple of weeks ago.

I had developed an ear fullness and then shortly after I could feel a kind Of rumbling sound in my head. Panic started to set in.

To cut a long story short, an ent guy told me that it was permanent due to otosclerosis. Well, my anxiety cranked right up. Had terrible panic attacks, couldn't sleep. A week later The rumbling disappeared along with the fullness and my hearing returned to normal (confirmed by a hearing test) so not likely otosclerosis.

However, I believe I had slight tinnitus in my other ear for years but only heard it at night.

Now, after all the anxiety I have hissing all the time, though sometimes louder than others. The trend seems to be increasing. I'm desperately sad about what has happened. If I hadn't seen that ent guy would my anxiety and tinnitus be where it was before? I can't sleep properly and I have lost 10 pounds in weight. Though I do feel I am managing my anxiety better.

Any advice please would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys x

2. Michael Sullivan
      Breezy

Michael Sullivan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I listened to rediculously loud music on Janriary second. I had ear fullness in my right ear for 2 weeks. I went to 4 ENT and my hearing returned. I have normal hearing. It seems like I had very slight Tinitus in my left ear though hissing like you. Recently, my T got louder and it seems to be coming from my head now. Sometimes I can't hear it other times it bothers me. It's consumed me and I'm obsessed with it.

I went running at my gym today. I heard no T for a while after this. I think the oxygen rich blood flow is good for the inner ears and brain. I recommend cardio, running, cycling, anything to get your heart rate up.

It seemed to help me for a while. Just a suggestion.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      Hi Michael. Thanks for your post. I'm not sure if exercise helps me. I had a really good day last week after seeing an audiologist. She gave me hope and I believed I was over the T (because at that point the hissing was minimal). After spending the day pushing my friend around in her wheelchair and feeling rather exhausted at one point, I felt my T ramp up in the evening. I've only had one good day since then. But of course, it may have been too much exercise, considering my appetite is now very poor and I have lost so much weight.

PS. How do i do the @ thing so your name is highlighted? Not very techy!

4. Kibakiru
      Creative

Kibakiru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 28 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown | PT: Unknown
      Don't mind me, just dropping by. You type @PersonsUsername. There should be a list that shows up which you can click on. @Jaybeee (y)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      • Hug Hug x 1