Anybody Got Temporary Tinnitus from Outer Ear Fungal Infection?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Iscream31, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi guys. I got tinnitus last week. About 3 weeks ago I was listening to this frequency test online and I think I turned the volume too high on those frequencies we usually can't hear, busting my ear (I listened to it a few times, but not all at highest volume).

I have a very high frequency shh in my right ear, which also, according to the ENT, have a fungul infection on the outer ear canal. Really wish that the fungus caused the tinnitus but I also have a headache (not sure its headache but my head hurts when I shake my head left and right so I believe its more of a vertigo issue?) so I really think i just busted my ear....

Anybody experienced tinnitus (and headache?) from fungal infection of outer ear canal?

2. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Well no but I believe my tinnitus is temporary until @Steve finally finds the cure!!! :cool:

3. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Not there yet, but I'll keep trying :D

This could be neck related. Tinnitus causes you to be tense so it is possible that you are carrying that in your neck, which can lead to headaches.

Your tinnitus could very well be related to the fungal infection. Have you had anything to treat it or been given advice on how long it will last? There is a very good chance the tinnitus will fade as the infection goes.

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I went to an ENT last Friday and he gave me this hydrocortisone and acetic acid otic solution to kill the fungus so I could do a hearing test on Monday. Honestly I am very afraid as my tinnitus is very high pitched and may be the result of me busting my ear with sounds I can't even perceive (and from doing something so stupid).

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      And is it only me or does my ear hurt when I hear high frequencies? Cuz I was trying the masking today and even just a little bit of the highest frequencies gave my right ear a slight pain and even a muffled feeling.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    7. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You need to be careful with those higher frequencies, balance things out so they aren't over-represented. Your ears can go int a protective mode when you hear sounds that are too loud or you hear them for too long, people like me who make music know it as listener fatigue. Ears feel dull, sound doesn't sound right.

If you've hurt your ears by having the sound too loud you can naturally have an aversion to the higher frequencies, like a ear response of causing damage, it could be that you've hurt your ear and you just need to give it time to heal. It could also be hyperacusis.

Best thing is to keep away from louder sounds and mention these symptoms on your hearing test visit, see what they say because they know your medical case.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So I just came back from hearing test. Had my dead fungus sucked out and hearing was normal ( but I really think it'll be higher frequency if I do have hearing loss). Now it's time to pray. No more high frequencies. Btw what do u think about naps? Cuz yesterday I had a very high pitched tinnitus which was barely conceivable( a good one) which turned to my normal high pitch tinnitus when I came back and Layed down for a nap.

9. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Good news all round.

Sleep affects people in different ways. Some feel better after and some feel tinnitus is louder after. Naps are a strange one, a lot of people seem to say their tinnitus is louder afterwards but I only have my own observations to back that up. It happens to me usually if I have a short nap.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My tinnitus haven't changed at all so far. Really wish it would go soon. Should I go do like a high frequency hearing test so I could prove hat I have hearinoss and just suck it up...the more I think about my stupid act the more depressed I get.

11. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I would say that the best thing to do is to leave it be for a bit and just be careful with your ears. Even if you showed a high frequency hearing loss it isn't going to change the situation or your reaction to it. You certainly won't be playing really loud sounds again in a hurry.

We all lose high frequency hearing as we get older. It's natural. At some point in life it would happen anyway so the best you can do is to take care of your hearing and try not to focus on your tinnitus, there is a very high chance that it will go or fade to a level where you barely hear it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Holy just now I had 5 seconds of deafness and sharp tinnitus sound in my right ear. Does this signify Permanent damage? Have an ENT meeting on Wednesday should I move it to monday or tomorrow?

13. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Happens to me a lot. No idea what it is but it also happens to many others.

Sorry for the late response, I've been knee deep in work so haven't been checking in properly.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Honestly Now I'm feeling like the tinnitus actually helps me sleep cuz it makes me so tired during the day ==. It was gone this morning until a fire alarm bursted my ear (what a disappointment)