Anybody Have Low Frequency Pulsatile Tinnitus? Sensation of Vibration?

Discussion in 'Support' started by GoatSheep, Mar 17, 2022.

1. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Recently developed a low frequency tinnitus. @Greg Sacramento told me he believes it is pulsatile.

Wondering if anyone else has a pulsatile tinnitus that is low frequency. I also experience a physical sensation of vibration in my body. Does anybody else get this physical sensation? Sometimes the frequency of the tinnitus will fluctuate and it won’t be as bassy. When this happens the tinnitus doesn’t make me feel like I’m vibrating.

The tinnitus is constant. It is not in sync with my pulse. Is this unusual for pulsatile tinnitus? I can hear my heartbeat sometimes and especially with plugs in it makes the tinnitus feel like it has more bass to it.

One additional question. Does Residual Inhibition work for anyone else with pulsatile tinnitus? If I hear some low frequency sound, like the sound of my razor, it can cause the tone to be suppressed to a certain degree. Sometimes for only a few seconds, sometimes for quite awhile. The longer the duration of the low frequency input, the longer the Residual Inhibition seems to last.

2. makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I get a constant sound of of blood flowing in my left ear. I think it’s still pulsatile tinnitus, but it doesn’t bother me as much as my whoosh whoosh sound in my right.

The tone never changes but it is easily masked. Yours sounds a bit more like regular tinnitus (to me) if it changing tone etc. Why does @Greg Sacramento think it’s pulsatile? Not disputing that it is, just interested in the reasoning.

If you are lying down for a while then stand up quickly, does the sound increase in volume? The noise in my left ear is like a sea shell roaring sound.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/posts/639852/

His post in the thread says:

“Your generator sound most likely is pulsatile tinnitus. You had mentioned heartbeat thumping. You mention body tremors when lying down. That may have association to very brief rising of blood pressure and anxiety. You had mentioned that your dad had high blood pressure. What you described with neck problems when having whiplash as a child, may have some association along with now possible brief periods of hypertension.”​

It’s such a strange tinnitus. I’m in hearing protection 24/7 due to a noxacusis setback. It responds to residual inhibition really well. However, afterwards whatever is used, like my razor, to cause the residual inhibition gets added to my tinnitus tones for awhile so I’ve pretty much stopped doing that.

Also, if I am going crazy and stop protecting for a bit to get away from it, then it will reduce from environmental sound in that frequency range. But it usually ends up coming back really bad over time.

I just don’t understand what caused it. I was thinking maybe sound deprivation. The problem is, if so, I can’t stop protecting I end up in horrible pain because of how sensitive my noxacusis is. This tinnitus is about to drive me crazy though. I’ve got several higher pitched tones and I can deal with those pretty well.

I have a blood pumping sound in my right ear that came on after a surgery. It’s not loud or intrusive though. I don’t know this sound just seems completely different so was wondering about others’ experience with pulsatile tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1