Anyone Else Have Tinnitus That Acts Like This...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kerry_1981, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Kerry_1981

Kerry_1981 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Negative Ear Pressure, Medications, Loud Noise. Not sure...
      Hello, I am new to the forum today. My Tinnitus started in October 1st 2016. I woke up one morning and heard it immediately. It is unilateral as I only hear it coming from my right ear. Later on in the day I noticed feelings of fullness in that ear when I went to a convention which was busy. The Tinnitus also went away from time to time and varied in loudness but really could only be perceived in a very quiet environment. So the only problem for me was bed time as I heard this whistling sound that never had a constant tone. I have been to the GP who said it is eustachian tube dysfunction related. He prescribed me Omnaris spray to use. I can't say its really been helping but I have not reached the two month mark since taking it. He said I also have fluid behind my ear drums. I have been to audiologists and two said I had no negative ear pressure. The last two said I did in both ears. My ear that doesn't ring is apparently worse. I also get dull pain from time to time in both ears and sometimes my left ear which doesn't ring feels very uncomfortable if I travel up and down a sharp mountain elevation with my car.

I noticed since yesterday for the first time that when I am exposed to a loud noise my T ear is reacting to it by making a high pitched beeping sound and that only lasts as long as the loud noise lasts. The moment the environmental noise stops that beeping/ringing I am hearing nearly at the same level also stops. It's like they are working together somehow. I had heard that loud noise aggravates Tinnitus but I always understood there was a lingering affect to this that could last for a while. I don't hear that noise when it is quiet. It is like a Tinnitus that I can only when i'm in a loud place. It is very odd to me and I can't find any information about it online. Does anyone else experience this?

2. Maia

Maia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      my tinnitus does that too occasionally! it sort of reacts with other sounds and brings on new ones. when i turn my floor heater on it gives me a higher pitch, and when the heat comes on from the vents it gives me a low pitched beeping. and when i go to concerts (with protection of course) it amplifies with the music but the next morning it's gone. im gonna guess that it's pretty normal and although it's irritating i don't think it's anything to worry about!!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kerry_1981

Kerry_1981 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Negative Ear Pressure, Medications, Loud Noise. Not sure...
      Yes, I understand what you are saying. Mine doesn't seem to react with normal sounds. Its bizzare. Turning up the t.v. loud in my place doesn't seem to cause anything. I teach school. I notice when the students all move their chairs or if one student moves his or her chair I will get the beep in my ear for only that moment when the chair is moving. This stops as soon as the students stops moving their chair. Or walking through a busy cafeteria I will hear it but it will stop as soon as I leave the cafeteria. There is no lingering effect. I went to see a walk in clinic GP last night who is very good. He thinks it has to do with the ear drum as it is tensed from negative ear pressure and is having difficulty with certain frequencies........