As of Lately Can't Really Hear My Tinnitus While in the Car or Outside — Is My Tinnitus Now Mild?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dginobile, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      Hi all, so as of lately I can’t really hear my tinnitus while in the car or while outside (just very faint).

Does that mean it is now mild? I can still hear it at the office or while watching TV though.

• Like Like x 3
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is a very encouraging/good sign that it is slowly fading. If it is not mild now, hopefully eventually it will become mild, or even minor, or even be gone...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Bill Bauer i really hope so :) I still have days where I can hear it over everything but when I’m out honestly I can’t hear it really, like at stores or in the car or outside it’s barely audible but in the house it’s loud I don’t know why. And of course at night it’s bad but at this points it’s become like white noise to me “eeeeeeeeeeeee” lol it’s like that sibling you hate but have to live with. I have started the weaning of Xanax I’m doing it verrrrry slow though. I should be completely off in a month or so.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      That's where my T is now. Outside I pick it up occasionally, grocery shopping only occasionally, car I've been wearing ear muffs but I used to not notice it. It really stinks when you've had a long day and want to veg out to TV but you can hear the T over the TV. I just go with it and consider it practice for habituation. :)

• Like Like x 1
    5. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      I alway notice my T more as soon as I enter my house. Same watching Tv also. Today was nice I sat out on my deck 4 hours today. Also driving my car is not bad also. Today was at the car dealership, and didn’t even hear it. But them sometimes my head goes off and don’t hear it in my left ears.But the crazy thing is , I can relax and bring it back to my left ears . This is what I still trying to find the cause . I alway wonder if other ppl have this issue.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      Another thing is , in my bedroom laying down. Really relax, try to be still calm it help a lot. Another crazy thing is when my Alarm come on to go to work . I lay there and don’t hear anything at all . Now I really don’t feel like get up because it feel so good. As soon I get out the bed I can hear it . I think my mind playing tricks on me . Weird thing this T.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

Habituation isn't a linear thing. Looks like you're on your way, but it takes time. Try not to overthink it and things will get better.

Best,
      Zug

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Zug thank you! I barely heard my T today I Pray all days are as good as today and even better ones to come

9. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I've been using a sound oasis 650 for sound at night, I have a stream playing. Waking up is also my best time of day. I almost forget to look for it or if it's there the background sound keeps it low. It is tough getting out of bed for sure.