Audiens — The Tinnitus Pill

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Arrojo, May 5, 2016.

1. Arrojo

Arrojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One too many rock concerts
      Oh, it's probably snake oil, but it does come with a money back guarantee after 60 days, so it seems fairly risk free. Has anyone tried this?

http://tinnituspill.org/

I like how they do list the ingredients, for the sake of transparency (instead of saying something like 'based on a proprietary formula!'). Here are the ingredients:

supplement-facts.png

I'm certainly not going to get my hopes up, but with a money-back guarantee, I'll give it a try.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      Snake oil. It's just vitamins.

3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      $99.95 for a 3-month supply.

Let's investigate the premium they charge...

Below comparison is made with Amazon - many of below contain a longer supply than 3 months as well as some of them a higher dose. But for the sake of simplicity, let's assume they are all equal with the TinnitusPill counterparts.

Zinc 15 mg
      Price $6.83

Vitamin B12
      Price $6.99

Magnesium Gluconate
      Price $7.24

Ginkgo Biloba
      Price $7.31

Quercetin + Bromelain
      Price $16.99

Melatonin
      Price $8.70

N-Acetyl-Cysteine
      Price $9.64

Total from Amazon: $63.7 (free shipping in the US for that amount I believe)
      Total from TinnitusPill.org: $99.5 (free worldwide shipping)

A difference of $35.8 with the TinnitusPill product being 56% more expensive.

Admittedly one might place some value on the convenience factor (one bottle of pills instead of several) and the money-back guarantee. And maybe the free worldwide shipping, depending on a person's local prices.

It's worth noting that a ton of tinnitus products contain a money-back guarantee. It's a sales tactic to artificially increase potential buyers' trust in the product ("They must be confident in their product or they wouldn't offer a money-back guarantee! And if it doesn't work for me, I have nothing to lose..."). Even the infamous Tinnitus Miracle eBook offers that.

Fact of the matter is that a very low percentage of buyers ask for their money back - even if the product does absolutely nothing for them.

Let us know how it works out.

It is interesting that they recommend taking it before eating. It contains melatonin and melatonin supplements tend to be taken before going to sleep. I don't see the FAQ mentioning anything about taking the pill before sleep.

Overall, I don't feel there is anything fancy in the product, nor are the amounts of ingredients too much (even though they so claim on their home page). The NAC it contains seems to be a low dose of 100 mg, Ginkgo biloba 50 mg... Separate products usually have 600 mg of NAC and 210 mg of Ginkgo, and so on...

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

• Like Like x 3
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Arrojo

Arrojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, that's just silly. You're darn tootin' I'll demand my money back if/when these don't work.

Having poked around this site, I've seen people willing to pay thousands for lasers and tens of thousands for stem cell treatment, neither of which has a money-back guarantee. So, I'd be more than happy to pay $100 every three months if these snake oil pills actually work.

.....anxiously awaiting miracle pill delivery......

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Arrojo

Arrojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The pills came today. After taking my very first dose, my tinnitus miraculously went away!!!! (NOT). Snake oil trial officially underway.

25B35273-19D6-482B-A77A-CF75D018CA11_zpsttkyffld.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    7. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      upload_2016-5-9_21-43-42.jpeg

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Arrojo

Arrojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So, just over 30 days into this 'trial' and I will say that the loudness in my tinnitus has been reduced. Perhaps it's the placebo effect. Perhaps it's just the extra B-12 or maybe just the Ginkgo. (There are entire threads on this site devoted to both of those - are they snake oil too?).

That said, the reduction isn't a lot. Maybe 10%? Hard to say. The money-back guarantee claims that these pills will reduce tinnitus by 40%. That's a pretty lofty claim and I would definitely notice that kind of reduction; it's not there yet. 25 days to go.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      @Arrojo,

Well, at least you're trying stuff. Hope it works for you!

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      What we really need is a really believable pill or lotion with some credible literature behind it. Maybe 30% of people would be cured of their tinnitus simply through the placebo effect. That would be a lot of happy people. We really need to put research money into how placebo works. It could revolutionise medicine.

11. TC426
      Hungover

TC426 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Interesting to read about that. Wondering if the effect will last.
      May be a rip-off, but to be fair, the ingredients pretty much cover what I was recommended from the doctor (Ginkgo, Magnesium, Zinc) after cortisone didn't work. And at least the Ginkgo part was not much cheaper than the pills here.

Going with "hearinglosspill.com" as a domain name is a bit a hat on the hat though....

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. vpsmitty

vpsmitty Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Not what I wanted to read, I can not take much more of this ringing

13. RichieRing

RichieRing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Always but worse since October 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      Thanks for taking the time, spending the money and sharing results with us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Colm
      Amused

Colm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey there everybody.

Two weeks gone bye without further report.

No news is good news!

Arrojo must be cured.

I'm really glad for you Arrojo! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Arrojo

Arrojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heh. No, actually I was waiting until the end of the 60 day period. I have decided to get my money back. I do think this concoction of vitamins and supplements has helped reduce the volume of my tinnitus a little bit. Certainly not the 40% claimed, somewhere between 5% and 15% I would say. Not exactly snake oil - especially since many of these ingredients have seemed to help others with their tinnitus.

That said, it is expensive, and as @Markku points out, more expensive than it needs to be. So, I am getting my money back and will then order the same stuff from Amazon:

Total from Amazon: $63.7 (free shipping in the US for that amount I believe)
      Total from TinnitusPill.org: $99.5 (free worldwide shipping)

A difference of $35.8 with the TinnitusPill product being 56% more expensive.
      I am hopeful that continued treatment with these supplements will maintain this threshold. I may experiment with the various supplements - perhaps only one of them is helping me, in which case no need to buy them all. Interestingly, I started taking fish oil after 30 days and it seemed to cause my tinnitus to spike back up, so I stopped that.

Should you do this? Well, do NOT expect to be cured, and take the 40% reduction claim with a grain of salt. If you find relief, be sure to send back the bottles and unused pills before the 60 day period is up so you can get your money back and them buy cheaper supplements elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Jason W.

Jason W. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March/ April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress is thought to have been the main cause.
      I tried and am still on Ginkgo Biloba and it has greatly reduced my tinnitus. The only downside is literally that you have to be on it for at least three months before it will fully take effect.

I can therefore fully understand anyone thinking this is rubbish but it worked for me anyway. Also I've noticed that when going out on a night on the town in loud bars when I've occasionally forgotten my ear filters to stop the high end music and other noise affecting my tinnitus, recently, the noise has not affected me at all as fiercely.

I have to say though that I am also on a vitamin supplement called 'Wellman' by 'Vitabiotics' which has the other ingredients mentioned above but the reduction in my tinnitus was only noticeable after having taken the Ginkgo Biloba (GB) for at least three months on top of that. So it would seem that for me anyway the GB was the clincher as it pushes the blood to the extremities.

This increased blood flow would probably include pretty much all parts of the brain and the eustachian tubes connecting the ears to the throat, which can be deformed and can be a part of the tinnitus problem if not all of it in some people. The theory is that this blood then contains healing properties for helping the eustachian tubes to work better or their structure to be more normal.

Anyway, I'm sure you pretty much all now knew what I said in the last paragraph there so I won't go over anymore information you probably all know anyway lol. All I would add is that as I said above you need to take GB for at least three months and perhaps yes with the vitamin supplements with the ingredients of zinc and magnesium as maybe these help in some way.

Sadly as we all probably know this won't work for everyone (only wish it could like 'Tinnitus Terminator' is supposed to be the miracle cure - boo hoo). I almost tried it myself to get rid of my tinnitus completely but read some reviews and comments here and naaahh!!!

• Like Like x 2
    17. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I've talked to several people that this Tinnitus Pill has helped reduce their ringing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I'm glad this worked for you. :) I really never tried Ginkgo Biloba for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      If it works for you, then keep on trucking down Ginkgo Street!! Appreciate the information. :beeranimation:

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. vegasjon

vegasjon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Been on the ginkgo train for three months myself. Zippo.

• Like Like x 1
    21. bigerjim

bigerjim Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise and prescription drug
      Hi all I got my Tinnitus Pill today, I've taken something like this Tinnitus Pill in the past, it was called sonaRX. I've got to tell you it worked for me, now I wont lie it drove me nuts for a while but, I did the course and after I had taken all of it I was mostly cured, I was not under any illusion that it would do anything so I'm going to give it a try.

Ginkgo keeps me up at night, right now I'm using homeopath products I wish the sonaRX was still being made but, alas it's not, I also used BHI products, the enzyme was cheap and it worked, not made any more :( so like all of you I'm trying this Tinnitus Pill.

Will keep you posted.

Jim.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

It's really good for my hearing; it sucks dollars out of my wallet which might otherwise go into ototoxic things like alcohol and straight baffles for my motorcycle.

• Like Like x 1
    23. bigerjim

bigerjim Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise and prescription drug
      Hey all, has anyone tried to get in touch with the Tinnitus Pill people? I have and their e-mail does not work, they just don't answer. I've tried their every address, so does someone know how to get ahold of these people?

24. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Anyone heard of Audiens' Tinnitus Pill or tried it?

• Good Question Good Question x 1