Bigal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bigal1000, May 25, 2015.

1. bigal1000

bigal1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5-11-2015
      Just started for me 5/11/15 I have quite a bit of hearing loss in right ear for years, but, I never had tinnitus till this month.I'm just getting to know this problem and it is depressing me right now, not sleeping and loosing weight with worry I try to tune it out to no avail. I'm lost right now I'm hoping talking to people with it will help me understand and start to deal with it, thanks for taking the time to read my introduction.

2. Craggy 65
      Amazed

Craggy 65 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      At two weeks I was climbing the walls,and thinking of jumping out of a friends top floor window,it's very common to have the issues you have right now.Its a journey that most on this forum have travelled,and come out the other side.You have to just hang on in as best you can,with help of melds.if appropriate.Have you visited a doctor?

3. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      You need to go to your doctor and see what they can do for you and ask for a referral to a doctor. Hope that helps.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bigal1000

bigal1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5-11-2015
      I'm just 2 weeks now ,I have seen a doctor and I'm going for CT,MRI next week and the following week back to the doctor. It started in left ear, but now appears to be slight noise in the left, go figure !

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bigal1000

bigal1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5-11-2015
      It's in the works. Thanks very much.

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to TT. For new T sufferers, members here often recommend getting treatment with a course of prednisone or other corticosteroids from your doctors asap. You may want to get hearing aids also for the hearing loss as some members report improvement of their T after getting the hearing aids. For sleep, you can get sleep meds from doctor, but you can also try get natural alternatives such as Camomile tea, Hops, Valerian tablets, Melatonin etc. Check out this site on using natural herbs for sleep problem:

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...alth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia/

Masking is also a good way to help you sleep. Get a sound machine or use this TT link to get some masking sounds. It also contains link to the sleep thread where you will learn more ideas how to sleep with ringing T.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bigal1000

bigal1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5-11-2015
      Thanks for the info I'm currently seeing doctor and going for CT and MRI later this week. I do know I have whats called an Arachnoid cyst on my brain,don't know if it has anything to do with this, but I'll find out.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bigal1000

bigal1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5-11-2015
      Meant to say started in right ear. Sorry about that thanks again you folks for the help.