Buzzing in Ear When Talking?

Discussion in 'Support' started by LisaH, Apr 20, 2018.

1. LisaH

LisaH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely an Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
      Hey all,

Does anyone have this symptom? This is new for me (past 3/4 days). I've suffered from tinnitus since 2/2018 (it started 2 days after starting Lexapro and one day after an ultrasonic dental cleaning, so either of those could be the culprit, but I'm leaning toward the dental cleaning), and while I seemed to be getting a handle on it initially, I drove from Colorado to Texas in late March and the subsequent pressure changes made my ears go crazy--pressurization, need to compulsively pop ears, spike in tinnitus, etc. Now (for the last 3/4 days) I am hearing a "thumping" sound on my right eardrum every time I swallow (sounds like flicking a microphone) and I have a slight hum/buzz in my right ear when I'm talking.

I feel as though I have ETD, but that this ear "thumping" is something different.

Anyone else experienced something like this? I see my ENT for the 4th time this coming Wednesday, but so far, he does not have much to offer. I made an appointment with an neurotologist, but can't get in unti mid-May.

Thank you!

• Hug Hug x 1