C-Section in 2 Weeks, Any Safe Pain Meds I Can Use?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Danika, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Danika

Danika Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14/217
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/pregnancy
      I am having a c-section in 2 weeks...

Are there any pain meds I can use that are not known to cause tinnitus?!?!?

2. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @DebInAustralia will be able to help.
      I've had 2 c-sections before tinnitus though.
      I found on about day 3 after surgery I was able to manage without pain relief so hopefully you don't need it for too long.

3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Id stay away from nsaids and tramadol

Youll probably be given oxcontin (slow acting) and endone ( fast acting), along with paracetamol.

You could consider taking nac to prevent depletion of your glutathione ( major antioxidant).

Ask your obstetrician for a long acting local anaesthetic into your wound, which will minimise your requirement for pain relief.

Heat and cold packs can help manage pain, as do tens machines, even meditation.

When you meet with your anaesthetist, let them know you have anxiety around worsening your t so that you ensure syntocinon is only used if deemed absolutely necessary post op.

Syntocinon will cause your uterus to contract causing cramping/labour like pain. Often required as it helps prevent/control postpartum bleeding.

Breastfeeding/expressing has the similar effect on the uterus as syntocinon so far as controlling/managing bleeding, so early feeding will help.

Sams right. You will recover from the worst of the pain in a day or 2 so you wont need the drugs for long. Your midwives will have you up and moving the very next day. Just getting out of bed helps and having a hot shower.

Good luck

I hope this helps. Feel free to keep in touch x

• Like Like x 1
    4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I would also enquire as to the class of antibiotic coverage you will be given intraop in case they are ototoxic. In Australia, Timentin is a common antibiotic of choice.