Can Anyone Offer Advice to Me? (Sinusitis etc)

Discussion in 'Support' started by backlog, Nov 24, 2015.

1. backlog

backlog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      First, I’ve never had Tinnitus before. I am a 71 years old male. About 2+ months ago I started to experience very mild pressure in my left ear. I took a decongestant for a few days and it seemed to go away. Then a couple of few weeks later I got some nasal congestion and again took a decongestant. Soon after, I started to get some high pitched Tinnitus in my left ear. That was about 5-6 weeks ago. My doctor has had me on a steroid nasal spray, an antibiotic, Clariton, but the Tinnitus in my left ear continues. From time to time I think there is also a lower level of Tinnitus coming from my right ear, but it comes and goes. I also have a very dull headache around my left forehead. I’m sure this is somehow related to sinusitis, but nothing seems to be getting me back to where I was before it all started. Has anyone experienced what I have and does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can do? Thanks!

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi Backlog,
      Tinnitus can be complex and sometimes it's not always easy to tell what is causing it. Ask your Doctor to refer you to ENT so tests can be carried out on your auditory system..
      All the best
      Michael

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      backlog

backlog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Thank You Michael,
      I did see an ENT yesterday. I now have an auditory test and a sinus scan scheduled for Dec 1. Hopefully something will be learned.
      Marty

• Like Like x 1
    4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      That's good news backlog and I hope you'll be able to get some help soon.
      All the best
      Michael

• Like Like x 1