Can New Tinnitus Go Away?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Good Times, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Good Times

Good Times Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      i’ve noticed a barely noticeable ringing in my ears and soon became educated of tinnitus. It doesn’t bother me at all but I still hear it in quite rooms and have had it for a few months.

Can it go away on its own? How should I protect my ears? At what volume can I listen to music?

2. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      READ THIS LIST

1) AVOID LOUD PLACES (no concerts, no cinema, no loud pubs, no EARBUDS EVER AGAIN), if you get spikes that is your ears telling you they dont like the loud sounds, avoid anything over 85+decibels, no vaccum, no blender, no mowing lawn, no fireworks, etc), otherwise you are SET, it can reduce further or disappear. DO NOT EVER PUT EARBUDS/HEADPHONES IN YOUR EARS...EVER...
      2) AVOID ENT/AUDIOLOGIST (they are worthless and they can and WILL make your T worse because ear tests= $$$, your misery =$$$, they dont care about you and your well being, they see you as a cash cow)
      3) AVOID T TALK (there is some good info here but a lot of horror stories, if you obsess over tinnitus you will make it worse and trust me man you dont want to know how bad this shit can get, I had mild tinnitus in the beginning which then turned extreme for three weeks, it was like a jet engine near my ear. I has to quit my job because it was so loud, it was a 2/10 and now its is 9/10, it dropped to severe from extreme. I also developed hyperacusis severe and visual snow/dark eye floaters because of the ear tests I have done in January. Tinnitus is brain issue not ear...the brain is messed up. Do not read horror stories on here or you will become one of them. Move on with your life when you have mild tinnitus and do not expose yourself to very loud sounds, going to a store will not harm you or walking your dog outside, make sure though to cover your ears when loud sirens come, and tell your dentist you have tinnitus so he can preform cleaning or whatever carefully with a lot of breaks, otherwise you are set my friend.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Good Times

Good Times Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks, referring to you mentioning to cover your ears when loud sirens come by. Will that decrease decibel levels at least a little bit? I can think of plenty of scenarios where that would be beneficial if it really does reduce decibels like earplugs but to a lesser extent.

Edit: Is it safe to take a hearing test to see if my hearing is damaged as well? I always took proper precaution to sound before I got Tinnitus such as wearing ear plugs in loud situations but still somehow got it. Now I’m thinking my hearing might be damaged also that I don’t even realize.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    5. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I would talk to an audiologist. It's good to get a baseline of your hearing yearly to trend your hearing and mechanics of the ear itself. No downside to this at all and more people should do it.

6. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Audiogram is fine man. I do audiograms every 6 months or so and Otoacoustic emissions test (tests outer cochlea cells)

7. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was walking outside one winter day (before severe tinnitus) and there was an ambulance that passed by. I quickly covered my ears and nothing happened, no spike nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    8. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes.

Stay away from loud sounds (ie wear ear protection in loud environments).

Not loud, because of the previous point.

• Like Like x 1