Can Outer Ear Infection Cause Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by gawel72, Mar 12, 2016.

1. gawel72

gawel72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello. Can outer ear infection cause Tinnitus? Since I had outer ear infection in both ears, I hear noise in my head. I am not sure if T was before the infection. I don't have any problems with hearing, according to tests, my hearing is within the norm in range of 125-8khz. Thank you for help.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gawel72

gawel72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      please, does anyone know the answer? ;(

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Onnie
      No Mood

Onnie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      '09/1.0: Loud concert '15/2.0: Cause unsure
      Sadly I Can not answer your question: I am trying to get rid of an outer ear infection myself at the moment....

My 'good' ear started ringing a couple of weeks ago, went to my gp and found out about the infection. My other ear is also ringing louder than it normally does. Both my hearing canals are stuffed with ear drops and ear wax. Maybe the stuffed ear canal is causing the accacerbated ringing, i dont know.

I hope it subsides soon so i can give you a proper answer....

• Genius Genius x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gawel72

gawel72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for answer. I have T in left ear, its ringing tone Gis on musical keybord, around 1500hz. Is it noise induced? I can normally hear this freqency on both ears. When I close my nose and mouth, and swallow saliva, my left ear is full for a few seconds, what does it mean?
      My right ear is weaker than my left ear on 8khz by around 7db. I tested this by using music software and headphones. I also switched headphones (L speaker to R ear etc.) to disqualify fault of headphones. What is the cause of this? Why only right ear?