Can Rosemary Oil on the Scalp Worsen Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dntmastrinhdphns, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Dntmastrinhdphns
      Wishful

Dntmastrinhdphns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/27/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud mixing and mastering in headphones :(
      Hey all, I hope you're doing well and that this message finds you in peace. I have had tinnitus now for about a year or so at a somewhat manageable level thankfully. I just recently tried Rogaine because of hair thinning, but within 2 hours of my first attempt, I noticed ringing in my ears was louder. Apparently the Minoxidil can make the ringing louder because of vasodilation?

Upon further research I found that Rosemary Oil has been shown to be nearly as effective as Minoxidil in the treatment of hair loss/growth. I wonder if anybody has any experience using Rosemary Oil for hair growth and whether it had any affect on your perception of tinnitus? Lastly, if anyone takes finasteride or Proscar has that affected your tinnitus as well? Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day :)

2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Sorry about your increase.

You're not the first I've read about to experience an increase from using hair thinning products; including finasteride. I think they can impact on K+ channels.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...eceptors-and-cause-tinnitus.4228/#post-531029

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dntmastrinhdphns
      Wishful

Dntmastrinhdphns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/27/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud mixing and mastering in headphones :(
      Thanks but the ringing thankfully went back down to a normal level by the next day. So happy I was vigilant to notice the increase and associate it with the rogaine. I just started applying rosemary, jojoba, and several other oils as a natural hair growth remedy instead, and am about to add peppermint. So far no increase-- hopefully none coming, and hair results on the way! xD

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Thank goodness...

Good luck with the treatment...