Can You Give Me Your Opinion About the Cause of My Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ryan g., Aug 4, 2018.

1. Ryan g.

Ryan g. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello. I am 14 years of age and at the month of 6/2018, I started to have this ringing. I forgot it for a while until it got pretty loud. I have went to many ent and general practiconers but none have been able to help me so can you guys give me your opinion?

My symptoms are: ringing in the ear, blurred vision, tiredness in the eyes, crackling in ears when swallow and yawning, fatigue, and also hearing pulse when laying sideways on a cushion or pillow.

Pls leave your comment or thoughts no matter how small.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ryan g.

Ryan g. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No. When I use the computer, I use small speakers and no headphone or earphone. Thanks for suggesting an idea and hope you can still help me from this horrible mess.

4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Ryan g. Hi Ryan: There's many possible causes, but at your age the list becomes very narrow in probability. Since you saw an ENT, ETD can probably be ruled out. The one possibility that tops the list is adrenal hypertension which can be controlled with medication. Many younger people with this condition don't need medication for life.

Do you have any dizziness? One way to explore your symptoms is to have a battery of blood count tests done and to have sugar levels tested.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ryan g.

Ryan g. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes I do have dizziness when I stand up. I also feel very tired no matter how much I sleep also.

6. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ryan g. This for you probably does not have involvement, but any discomfort in neck or jaw? Have you been under medication use? It could be as simple as having too much of one vitamin such as vitamin A in your system or not enough of certain other vitamins.

7. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ryan g.

Ryan g. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My blood pressure is around 75 is that okay?

9. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Part of your symptoms really seem to have to do with your eustachian tubes. I am NOT saying it's necessarily ETD but it's something to investigate further along with TMJ as the two can be interrelated.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ryan g.

Ryan g. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      One of the doctor said it might be the liver or my neck as it is straight and not curved. But doctors have given me so many synopsis that it becomes really confusing.

11. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, it can become very confusing, but from what you said in initial post and now in above post, it's most likely your neck. It's not so much your straight c- spine or neck spine as it would be muscles in your neck. A straight c -spine can happen from injury or you could have been born with a straight c-spine. Your c -spine is most likely having some trauma association with your SCM muscles. This could cause your symptoms below without a doubt.

Do you have any notes written within a radiological X Ray of your c spine? This would be needed to comment to the exact SCM muscle related condition and where and why other stuff may be happening. A CT exam would also be helpful.

More than not your SCM muscles are involved. Once you can provide some radiological X Ray information I can comment on proper therapy such as neck exercises.

For the time being use a small pillow for support under your neck while sleeping.

I have many links that connect and describe your problem and they include the SCM muscle.
      This link is just basic and general.http://www.natural-solutions-for-muscle-pain.com/sternocleidomastoid-muscle.html

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ryan g.

Ryan g. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank u. I am going to an ent this wensenday and will pass this on to the doctor. Hope what your saying is true and I will start doing some neck exercise. Probably born with it but thank you none the less.

13. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ryan g. If one of your doctors said that your c spine is straight, then that and a pathway from that should be followed.

A straight c-spine within it's self usually doesn't cause tinnitus. A straight c-spine will often have association with SCM muscle problems which can lead to other stuff as well. This is where an entire team of players can take the field.

You may have other nerves, veins, arteries, muscles or conditions included. If you said that my jaw hurts then the c spine itself may have involvement. 90% of the time it does. The neck, jaw, mouth and face is very complicated biology.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ryan g.

Ryan g. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Okay. I will pass this on. Thank you for your insight and will tell u on 8th what happens. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Dizziness could imply something is wrong with the vestibular system.

16. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
    17. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ryan g. There is a possibility that you have a pitched nerve between two c spine disc. I doubt if that happened because it would mean more straightening of the c spine which is doubtful. You could have other muscle conditions in face or neck.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ryan g.

Ryan g. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      can u suggest any type of exercises and home remedy to sort of relax it or make it a less annoying experience?

19. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ryan g. I would like to see what your ENT has to say about your hearing. Muscles within your ears could be a reactor.
      For now, until Friday try to use correct posture without doing a lot of deep forward head bending.

Stand against a wall with back to the wall. Relax shoulders and arms and stretch neck upwards while breathing in and out. Don't sleep on stomach. Use some pillow under your neck while sleeping. It's OK to sleep on back, but you may have one side position (left or right) that will bother you. You might want to use a cold compress like a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel for a couple of minutes on the sides of your neck.