Can't Figure Out Where My Tinnitus Comes from

Discussion in 'Support' started by Keyemku, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Keyemku

Keyemku Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So I started having tinnitus around mid-2016. I was really freaking out about it possibly being hearing loss and after a year finally got my mom to take me to the doctors. When I went to the doctors they ran a test (one of the ones where you don't have to do anything). And assured me I had no hearing loss and that everything looked fine in my ears, not even excessive earwax.

I was relieved but the tinnitus was not solved. And using my headphones still FELT like it gave me tinnitus despite me being very conscious about the volume and keeping it at 30. But with no hearing loss associated it doesn't seem like the problem is the headphones.

I was thinking maybe it's a placebo effect? I muted the sound on my computer and kept my headphones on and my tinnitus still seemed as strong as with music or anything playing.

Maybe there's nothing I can do about it, I just want to make sure there isn't something I could be doing. Thanks, good luck to all of you with tinnitus.

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      The headphones do not help with the tinnitus at all. You might not have hearing loss, but the headphones do make an impact. I'd lay off the headphones and gaming with headphone...if you are still doing it. Stress and anxiety can also contribute tinnitus, as can illnesses. Tinnitus is not always happening due to loud noises or hearing loss.