Cause of Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ruby Blue, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Ruby Blue

Ruby Blue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hi all

Very interesting to read about all your experiences. I have pulsatile tinnitus with a high pitched sound as well which started a year ago. Have my own business and was a stressful time for me so I don't know if that caused it. Started in the right ear but is now in both ears all day everyday and worsens at night.

I have been for hearing tests, doppler test, CAT and MRA scans ehich are all clear. I haven't been to a vascular doctor.
      Has anyone had success with exploring the vascular route? Has anyone experienced deafness with pulsatile tinnitus? Sometimes it feels as if my ears are slightly blocked.

2. Shellbailey

Shellbailey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/02/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had an MRA of my head so far as well as an MRI of both my neck and head, which both came back as normal. I had ultrasounds on my arteries in the summer of 2015 (due to trying to figure out why I was so dizzy) and those were normal as well. I haven't had issues with deafness thus far to where I can actually tell myself, but my ENT did determine that I'm having trouble hearing low tones, which is characteristic of Ménière's disease. I hope we both find a cure soon! I can't imagine this spreading to both ears much less lasting any longer than it has, ugh.