Changing Noises

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nanny chocolate, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      Why do tinnitus noises change? I’ve had tinnitus since 1992 and lived with it eventually after wanting to jump off a bridge.

Since December 2017 the noises have been added to and also gone to the other ear. It’s so hard to try to manage and I’ve been posting on here.

I don’t seem to have any more hearing loss, just had an audio gram. I’m not a youngster who uses headphones etc. It seemed to happen after changing sertraline usage! I’m now very depressed and struggle to regain my life as I know it.

Feels like a big moan and I don’t really know how to make things better and get back to life and work properly. Sorry for anyone who reads this very negative post.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus can change sound and strength and in your ears or head and some times for a reason or not.
      Always have your ears checked if it does not settle and not normal for your base sound.
      Love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      Thank you Glynis, you are lovely. I had my ears checked last week by Consultant who says ears look ok. He thinks that stress and anxiety have caused the new noises. Which came first, the chicken or the egg! I am still convinced that it was changing the setraline dose as it happened almost immediately. Eve x