Children

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brettj34, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Brettj34
      Depressed

Brettj34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load Music
      Hi, I am wanting some advice i guess. I have a 20 month old daughter and playing with her all the time is creating some T issues. Who doesn't love to make their child laugh? Recently she has been screaming with laughter and a few have been right in my ear. Since Monday I have a blocked feeling in my right ear the T level is the same but this fullness feeling is driving me nuts.

I have searched this forum but haven't really got any straight answers about the fullness. Is it more hearing loss, a spike who knows.

Its really getting me down as playing with my daughter is a massive joy in my life but lately i have been avoiding it or rather doing quiet things reading puzzle etc.

Any help would be greatfull.

2. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Depends how you got your T in the first place

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brettj34
      Depressed

Brettj34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load Music
      Noise exposure from a concert back in May last year. Its really up setting that i might have lost more hearing due to tickling my daughter and her screaming with enjoyment in my ear.

I take T very seriously as i am a young man and dont want to lose anymore hearing as i still have lots of years to live hopefully. I wear foam earplugs when mowing the lawn going out etc

4. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Maybe try to wear ear plugs at least in your bad ear when you know she'll scream

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brettj34
      Depressed

Brettj34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load Music
      That will be the plan going forward but the ear fullness is much more annoying then my T. I just wish i knew what this means and what the outcome for the future will be.

6. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      If it's purely noise exposure - indeed you need to be very carful as noise can quickly worsen the underlying damage more so than a "healthy ears" person.

Earplugs are not very practical , I would order a few Peltor x5a ear muffs and keep those in various places in your home, car etc.. so you can quickly put those on and off based on needs . Those cost 25 usd a piece and provide the best noise reduction .

I would also keep a stock of prednisone at home ready to be used in the most extreme case wihtout loosing precious time

7. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      The ear is a very delicate organ. If the problems you describe don't improve, I believe they should be investigated by a healthcare professional at ENT.
      Michael

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brettj34
      Depressed

Brettj34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load Music
      Just got back from the ER waste of time really said ear looked fine nothing they could do. Will have to ring ENT in the morning. If this is indeed futher loss of hearing not sure i can live like this.

9. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      If it is further loss a hearing aid may help?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brettj34
      Depressed

Brettj34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load Music
      I can still hear but the fullness is the real concern. im only 33 i dont really want to go down the hearing aid path yet.

11. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Your hearing hasn't got worse? I often havea fullness sensation but have always been told my ears are fine so i can easily forgert it unless i focus.

12. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I kinda face, a similar situation. My family has kids and they scream, i try to distance myself as much as i can from the screaming kids. It is hard and it drives me crazy.

13. Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      Invest in some custom-made earplugs like musician's earplugs. Wear them at all times around little kids when playing because you never know when their scream will be the end to your (relative) silence. Young children are completely capable of emitting dangerous noise bursts, and yes, even your daughter could lift the roof off the house if she wanted to (figuratively speaking).

You can tolerate those noises when you are also a little kid because your body is great at healing and protection, but that all fades when you are an adult, moreso if you have prior ear damage.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brettj34
      Depressed

Brettj34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load Music
      The custome ear plugs are on there way. Will call the ENT in an hour when they open hopefully they will be able to point me in the right directio

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brettj34
      Depressed

Brettj34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load Music
      Im meant to be going on a weekend away today but im so upset and stressed about this i can't even get out of bed

16. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      It is most likely that the fullness will go away if you protect your hearing for some times. Baby screams are very very loud...

I agree for the Prednisone. Also take NAC, Ginko and Magnesium

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brettj34
      Depressed

Brettj34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load Music
      Got into the ENT after breaking down on the phone. This will be the longest 3 hour wait of my life

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brettj34
      Depressed

Brettj34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load Music
      Went to ENT said there isnt anything to worry about. Did another hearing test which was the same. On a few meds as well.

19. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Brettj34
      I am glad all is well with your hearing.
      I hope this puts your mind at ease....
      Take care.