Closet Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cynthia88, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Cynthia88

Cynthia88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi!

I'm 28 years old and I've been dealing with this for almost 15 years to the point that I never brought it up to my doctors after I was prescribed nasal spray the first times I mentioned it. That, of course, did nothing.

I experience a fluttering/popping/ringing sensation in my left ear in only two scenarios. 1. When I sleep or lie down on my left side and 2. When I'm inside my very small closet.

As you can imagine sleeping, for over a decade only on my right side, has been annoying to say the least. Hanging something up in my closet proves an equally annoying and troublesome experience.

If anyone has experienced anything similar I am all ears!! (No pun intended)

2. Marcel

Marcel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Industrial noises plus major infection in left ear in 2006
      I know the feeling, I have tinnitus in my left ear which is working extra hard to ruin this Christmas. For quite a few years now I cannot sleep on my left side, my sinus plugs up solid and the ringing increases when I do. I have mentioned it to my doctor and like yours prescribed useless prescriptions. I find it hard to get any doctors to take my tinnitus case seriously. They all seem to think it's just a mild inconvenience. All can I can say is hang in there, you're still young and there are some doctors doing serious studies on tinnitus. Let us hope they find a cure soon.

• Like Like x 1