Cold and Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sarahm6393, Mar 15, 2017.

1. sarahm6393

sarahm6393 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi! My ears started ringing on Sunday morning when I woke up! I'm in the middle of fighting off a horrible cold and want to know if the ringing will go away as soon as I'm done with the congestion? I'm really scared it won't :(. I'm only 15!!! Please help me! I went to the doctor today and they said my ears had little fluid in them. They prescribed me with antibiotics to help with congestion, but i'm really scared the ringing's not going to go away!!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. mysterygal

mysterygal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      The ringing should go away after the congestion is cleared and any inflammation that you have is gone. Hang in there and make sure that you get the treatment you need.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sarahm6393

sarahm6393 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi! I'm back!! I now can't hear out of one ear and my ears are still ringing?

4. lisa49

lisa49 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @sarahm6393 I have had T since January, but had a cold about three weeks ago, it was horrible because the plugged ears made everything internally, intensify. I felt like the T was a freight train. I went "old school" and put some vicks in a pot over the stove, boiled it an stuck my head over it and would breath the steam in. It really loosened it up. Do you still have the cold? I still have T, but with a cold it's bad!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sarahm6393

sarahm6393 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello! I recently posted about having a cold and hearing a ringing in my ears. I have been now diagnosed with Eustachian Tube Blockage and would like to know if the ringing will go away??

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sarahm6393

sarahm6393 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @lisa49 I talked to my doctor on the phone and ran down the list of symptoms that I have, and she told me my eustachian tube is inflamed. Will the ringing go away with medication shes giving me to improve the inflammation, or will I hear this ringing forever?

7. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Nobody can give an exact answer, but if it's due to a cold it will most likely go away once the blockage goes away. It should at least diminish. This can unfortunately take some time as estachian tubes tend to be clogged a little longer than a cold lasts.

There's not much to do about it at this point other than wait it out. You could try anti-inflamatory meds, they might help your ETD and give you some relief.

Hang in there and it'll get better.

8. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      I have Tinnitus from loud noise, but when I'm all clogged up it gets worse. So I think ones you sort out the mucus you will be okay and it will go away! :) hang in there. Mucus sucks!

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sarahm6393

sarahm6393 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi! It's been about a week and a half since the ringing started. I've finished off the antibiotics that my doctor prescribed me, and my ears are still ringing. It's definitely not as loud as it was before, but it's rather annoying. Could my eustachian tube still be inflamed? My ears still pop and feel slightly stuffed.

10. LukeYoung
      Frantic

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's possible.
      My left ear gets really poppy and annoying when my nose isn't Clear. Using saline spray usually helps it a lot.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sarahm6393

sarahm6393 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you for answering me so many times! I'm hoping this goes away, but I'm kind of expecting it not to. I hope your T isn't as bothersome as this! :)

12. LukeYoung
      Frantic

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      T isn't my issue, its the random fullness in my T ear that comes and goes. Super annoying.

13. lisa49

lisa49 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @sarahm6393 I am just seeing your question, I am sorry! I still have not learned how to navigate around this forum. Has your T gone away or gotten better? Mine came on out of no where but definitely intensifies when I have a cold or am under stress, and just like @LukeYoung my fullness bothers me mostly because I have learned to tune out the T.